Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef I think I am close to understanding what is going on. On another topic, I am trying to do the additional patching and got these values from Hackintool:

How do I format the values for Platform ID and Device ID? Do I omit the 0x?

Last edited:
Figured it out from this excellent post:

Note-1: When using Clover Configurator we define the PCI path of the IGPU in the left panel and the name and data value of each Device Property in the right panel.

Note-2: The value for AAPL, ig-platform-id is entered (and displayed) in Reverse Byte Order without the leading "0x" so for the above example of "0x59160000" the correct value is "00001659".

Figured it out from this excellent post:

Note-1: When using Clover Configurator we define the PCI path of the IGPU in the left panel and the name and data value of each Device Property in the right panel.

Note-2: The value for AAPL, ig-platform-id is entered (and displayed) in Reverse Byte Order without the leading "0x" so for the above example of "0x59160000" the correct value is "00001659".

Yes. See post #430 for an image on how to do it.

I had a different platform and device ID so I used the values from Hackintool, which displays Base-64. I put in the patches and rebooted and no difference to me, hope it helps the other guys. Thank you once again for all your help.

Last edited:
@pastrychef Sorry to lean on you so much today! In my quest to make sure everything is what it should be, I spent the day reading and validating the Lilu guide. The only 2 things I want to check are my rename loads and the codecs. I used Hackintool to check some things and found some renames that @RehabMan said should be enabled and are not. Should I patch them? I removed them from ACPI.

I'm also wondering if it is normal to have 2 audio devices?

@pastrychef Sorry to lean on you so much today! In my quest to make sure everything is what it should be, I spent the day reading and validating the Lilu guide. The only 2 things I want to check are my rename loads and the codecs. I used Hackintool to check some things and found some renames that @RehabMan said should be enabled and are not. Should I patch them? I removed them from ACPI.

View attachment 391320

I'm also wondering if it is normal to have 2 audio devices?

View attachment 391322

If your motherboard uses the EHC1, EHC2, and XHCI naming, then, yes, you should do the renames. But that shouldn't have any affect on your video issues.

I don't know if it's "normal", but I just ran Hackintool and it also showed two audio devices.

If you want to try, you can grab the latest EFI folder from my Z370 build thread to try. Just add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I think I'm all good, just wondering how what tool I need to use to check what convention my motherboard uses.

I agree that the rename has nothing to do with the video issues, just trying to pin down the proper patches to apply. I think one of the guys issue might be related to insufficient VRAM buffer. The other one is simply because my EFI is headless and he was plugged in to motherboard.

I think I'm all good, just wondering how what tool I need to use to check what convention my motherboard uses.

I agree that the rename has nothing to do with the video issues, just trying to pin down the proper patches to apply. I think one of the guys issue might be related to insufficient VRAM buffer. The other one is simply because my EFI is headless and he was plugged in to motherboard.

Use IORegistryExplorer to see what names are used.

Lol. Plugging monitor to motherboard def won't work if IGPU is set up to be headless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back