Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WiFi D4 | Alder Lake i7-12700K | AMD Radeon RX580

I guess ended up getting the DDR5 version of this motherboard thinking it was the same as yours. Are there any changes I'd need to make to work properly? Aside from the memory it looks pretty much identical. Just waiting for my parts to arrive and trying to get ready!

What I got:

I guess ended up getting the DDR5 version of this motherboard thinking it was the same as yours. Are there any changes I'd need to make to work properly? Aside from the memory it looks pretty much identical. Just waiting for my parts to arrive and trying to get ready!

What I got:
I am not sure but once you have everything put together, you should verify the USB port mappings.
Update to the latest BIOS (2802) and read Notes 6 in the original post if you are running Sonoma.

Last edited:
Just a couple notes/issues on my install.

* 095_2 efi config
* Made changes for Notes #3, #5, #6
* ddr5 board version
* Fenvi T919
* Sonoma installed

1) Audio starts buzzing if there's no audio activity for a few minutes (plugged into green input). Solved using an audio USB adapter, but not ideal.
2) Wifi was working at first, then became disabled at some point. Not sure what caused it. Can't even enable it anymore even after a reboot. Obviously can't use handoff without this. Bluetooth still works just fine though.
3) Sleep not consistent. Every once in a while it'll fail to enter sleep and go back to the login screen. Tried disabling 'wake for network access' but still happens maybe 20% of the time.
4) Takes about 40 seconds to enter sleep, seems slow to me. I seem to remember much snappier sleep on my last rig.

Aside from that everything else seems to be working just fine! I'm contemplating reinstalling with Ventura just to see if the wifi and audio issue is resolved. Or perhaps there's a solution for that in Sonoma?

** Update - I downgraded to Ventura and my problems are solved. Wifi is good to go and audio no longer buzzing sporadically. Sleep is now consistently working, however it's still taking about 30-40 seconds to enter sleep. Not a big deal, just glad it actually works now.

I really appreciate you putting this guide together @frontgear, it was very helpful!

@TheSuitIsNotBlack

Fenvi T919 or any Broadcom-based WiFi adapter will not work on Sonoma unless the OCLP Patch is applied. There is a long thread in the Sonoma Desktop Support forum that details how to apply the patch. Make sure you read and follow the steps to a tee if you want to upgrade to Sonoma. Or just stay with Ventura.

@TheSuitIsNotBlack

Fenvi T919 or any Broadcom-based WiFi adapter will not work on Sonoma unless the OCLP Patch is applied. There is a long thread in the Sonoma Desktop Support forum that details how to apply the patch. Make sure you read and follow the steps to a tee if you want to upgrade to Sonoma. Or just stay with Ventura.
Excellent, I'll play around with that, and perhaps find a solution to the audio buzzing as well. But for now I'm just happy to have a working system. :cool:

Hey @frontgear , I just finished building my own hackintosh by using your excellent guide!. Just the changes in "Notes 5" didn't work for me but this is not a big problem. All the other stuff work like a real Mac!

I really appreciate your post!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 18.41.06.png

Hey @frontgear , I just finished building my own hackintosh by using your excellent guide!. Just the changes in "Notes 5" didn't work for me but this is not a big problem. All the other stuff work like a real Mac!

I really appreciate your post!!! Thanks a lot!!!
What sort of problem did you encounter with Notes 5?

It works fine for my hack.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.29.03 PM.png

What sort of problem did you encounter with Notes 5?

It works fine for my hack.

View attachment 579809

When I was trying to setup network during instalation the PC just rebooted. Then I just choose "setup later" but the ethernet card does not appeared on the list. So I decided to rollback this configuration and instead using the original one (activate TV-d and so on) and it just worked.

Back