Contribute
Register

Asus UX32LN support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that. actually my laptop has 8GB memory now. the same kernel panic happens with maxmem=2048

Just to be sure... remove AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext from /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

Boot with maxmem=2048/4096 or without maxmem flag at all...

Also remove nvidia kexts (NVDA*, Geforce*) and make sure you're using GraphicsEnabler=No (the default for Unibeast created USB).

Just to be sure... remove AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext from /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

Boot with maxmem=2048/4096 or without maxmem flag at all...

Also remove nvidia kexts (NVDA*, Geforce*) and make sure you're using GraphicsEnabler=No (the default for Unibeast created USB).

this was the content of the directory in question:

Code:
$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  9 akos  staff  306 Jul 22 21:45 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 akos  staff  238 Jul 22 21:45 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Jun  9 02:33 AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Oct 30  2009 EvOreboot.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 May  2 22:27 FakeSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Oct 25  2013 GenericUSBXHCI.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Jun 18  2011 IONetworkingFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Aug 22  2009 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Feb 24 20:20 VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I removed IONetworkingFamily.kext, but the result is the same :(

have to run now, will look for the nvidia .kext files later

this was the content of the directory in question:

Code:
$ ls -la
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  9 akos  staff  306 Jul 22 21:45 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 akos  staff  238 Jul 22 21:45 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Jun  9 02:33 AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Oct 30  2009 EvOreboot.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 May  2 22:27 FakeSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Oct 25  2013 GenericUSBXHCI.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Jun 18  2011 IONetworkingFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 akos  staff  102 Aug 22  2009 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Feb 24 20:20 VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I removed IONetworkingFamily.kext, but the result is the same :(

have to run now, will look for the nvidia .kext files later

nvidia kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions

thanks for the pointers.

I removed the NVIDIA kext files, then I had to physically remove the memory extension from the machine, so that indeed there is only 4GB of RAM in it. no amount of maxmem=4096 or other setting would make the installer work

now the installer goes through, but it seems I'm stuck with a multi-boot partitioning issue. I'm reading up on it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/89759-beginners-guide-dual-boot-windows-os-x.html - but if I partition using the MacOS X installer, the Windows installer will insist that it's not a GPT / EFI partition system. which is strange. of course partitioning with the Windows installer first will make MacOS X not install. (and then we didn't touch the Linux installer yet, OTOH that is the most flexible one)

thanks for the pointers.

I removed the NVIDIA kext files, then I had to physically remove the memory extension from the machine, so that indeed there is only 4GB of RAM in it. no amount of maxmem=4096 or other setting would make the installer work

now the installer goes through, but it seems I'm stuck with a multi-boot partitioning issue. I'm reading up on it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/89759-beginners-guide-dual-boot-windows-os-x.html - but if I partition using the MacOS X installer, the Windows installer will insist that it's not a GPT / EFI partition system. which is strange. of course partitioning with the Windows installer first will make MacOS X not install. (and then we didn't touch the Linux installer yet, OTOH that is the most flexible one)

For dual boot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

It sounds as if your mistake is that you're launching the Windows installer in UEFI mode instead of legacy.

so, I managed to set up dual (well, trial-) boot, with Linux, Windows & MacOS

but, it seems I couldn't get the Cameleon bootleader to get installed on the SSD. so I can only boot MacOS if I put the UniBeast USB stick in the laptop. then the SSD-installed MacOS would only boot with the '-x' option (would hang at boot otherwise)

when booted, WiFi doesn't work, but other things seem to work. this is after trying to install drivers using the latest MultBeast for Mavericks

interestingly while Linux's grub does recognize the MacOS partition, it's can't boot into it :(

I thought this information is useful for other people, hence reporting

so, I managed to set up dual (well, trial-) boot, with Linux, Windows & MacOS

but, it seems I couldn't get the Cameleon bootleader to get installed on the SSD. so I can only boot MacOS if I put the UniBeast USB stick in the laptop. then the SSD-installed MacOS would only boot with the '-x' option (would hang at boot otherwise)

when booted, WiFi doesn't work, but other things seem to work. this is after trying to install drivers using the latest MultBeast for Mavericks

interestingly while Linux's grub does recognize the MacOS partition, it's can't boot into it :(

I thought this information is useful for other people, hence reporting

Configuring OS X boot loader/DSDT is completely separate from setting up multiboot. Sounds like you have issues with enabling graphics properly...

Configuring OS X boot loader/DSDT is completely separate from setting up multiboot. Sounds like you have issues with enabling graphics properly...

yes, I know it's different. just wanted to provide a complete picture of how far I got, for other UX32LN owners out there.

how would I work on enabling graphics?

also how would I make WiFi work?

yes, I know it's different. just wanted to provide a complete picture of how far I got, for other UX32LN owners out there.

how would I work on enabling graphics?

You need to inject ig-platform-id. If you're using Chimera it should work automatically. If not, depends on the bootloader you're using.

You mention Chameleon:
IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0

also how would I make WiFi work?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back