Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

My Hackintosh was old and needed an upgrade badly. I decided to try this guide since it was the most recent golden build that met my needs. I couldn't get an Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi because it is so old so I went with an Asus Z790 ProArt Creator WiFi based on this post from CaseySJ:

Gear I am using:

Asus Z790 ProArt Creator WiFi
Intel Core i9-14900K
Corsair iCUE H115i Elite CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 192GB (4 x 48GB) RAM
SAMSUNG 990 PRO 4TB M.2 SSD
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6900 XT AORUS MASTER 16GB GPU
EVGA Supernova 1600 G+, 80+ Gold 1600W Power Supply

Based on the guide, I updatd the BIOS to the latest (v2002). I made all the BIOS changes per the guide and used the EFI-080-ASUS-Z690-PROART-CREATOR-WIFI EFI folder as a base. Added my details to that through OpenCore Configurator and created a 14.3.1 Sonoma installer using gibMacOS.

Immediate kernel panic. Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there.

We haven't got much to go on so far, but if you began with @CaseySJ 's EFI Folder then you probably modified it a lot - for example system-definition changed from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1?

And you are going straight to Sonoma - using Intel wireless instead of Broadcom?

Also, as was mentioned in the guide, the BIOS settings will need careful work. Verbose booting helps here and if you change one BIOS setting and reboot, then see if you progress any further before a stall, you know you are heading in the right direction. Unfortunately the crash you've had happened before the screen we can see.

And you might want to ZIP your current EFI Folder (blanking your serial-number first) and attach it to a post so we can check it.

:)

Hi there.

We haven't got much to go on so far, but if you began with @CaseySJ 's EFI Folder then you probably modified it a lot - for example system-definition changed from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1?

And you are going straight to Sonoma - using Intel wireless instead of Broadcom?

Also, as was mentioned in the guide, the BIOS settings will need careful work. Verbose booting helps here and if you change one BIOS setting and reboot, then see if you progress any further before a stall, you know you are heading in the right direction. Unfortunately the crash you've had happened before the screen we can see.

And you might want to ZIP your current EFI Folder (blanking your serial-number first) and attach it to a post so we can check it.

:)
Thank you for the prompt response and suggestions.

Yes, you are correct, I changed the system definition to MacPro7,1. Yes, going straight to Sonoma. Yes, using Intel Bluetooth. I don't need WiFi so I don't plan to set that up.

I do have verbose booting enabled in the boot-args. I'll try to get an image of what happens a little earlier in the boot process but it goes by really fast.

I have attached the EFI folder with serial number blanked.

Once again, I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• BigPines EFI.zip
    44.7 MB · Views: 7
This message is seen before the OpenCore menu appears. Not sure what it means or if it is helpful or not.

Attachments

• Pre OpenCore Menu.jpeg
    Pre OpenCore Menu.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 17
This message is seen before the OpenCore menu appears. Not sure what it means or if it is helpful or not.
Hello,
Before using any config.plist you should ocvalidate it.
You have version mis-matches.

Here it is:
1709739472604.png

Use the files from post 1

I was able to use a different monitor and get a bit more info. There are two potential issues I see. Looking for 32 cores but only found 24. 24 cores is to be expected because I am using a 2.4GHz 24-Core Intel Core i9-14900K. So why is it looking for 32 cores? :think:

Attachments

• Panic.png
    Panic.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 9
As @racermaster discovered (in the Z790 BIOS thread), try adding "Slide=0" to your boot arguments and see what that does. z790 Bios after ...1303 (maybe)... requires this.

Good luck,
J
I'll give that a shot - and I'll look for his thread!

I started with EFI-080-ASUS-Z690-PROART-CREATOR-WIFI. Is that what you are talking about?
you should not have all those errors.

make sure to reset NVRAM when you make any changes to your EFI/BIOS

Back