Asus Z490A-Prime
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
Has anyone fixed a wake/sleep issue on Sonoma (my build is on Sonoma 14.4.1)?
When I turn the sleep mode the screen becomes black but fans are still running.

Asus Rog Strix Z790-A Gaming Wi-Fi D4
Intel Core i7 13700 KF
64Gb 3600 MHz DDR4
Sapphire RX 580

P.S. I'd appreciate if you can also comment my EFI folder. Should I improve something in my EFI?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Check your USB configuration is still working and all the ports are showing as expected.

I had to edit one of the ports on my AMD X570 setup, after updating to Sonoma 14.4.1 due to an unexplained / unexpected change to the USB's connector type in Hackintool.

The connector type changed from Internal (255) to USB3 (3), with no input on my part.

I exported the edited USBPorts.kext and copied that to my EFI Kexts folder. Rebooted and all was good again.

Once I fixed the USB port Sleep and Wake worked as normal.

Check your USB configuration is still working and all the ports are showing as expected.

I had to edit one of the ports on my AMD X570 setup, after updating to Sonoma 14.4.1 due to an unexplained / unexpected change to the USB's connector type in Hackintool.

The connector type changed from Internal (255) to USB3 (3), with no input on my part.

I exported the edited USBPorts.kext and copied that to my EFI Kexts folder. Rebooted and all was good again.

Thank you for the advice. I’ll do it tomorrow.

Created a new UTBmap.kext. No luck.

Last edited:
Post a copy of the new UTBMap.kext, so we can have a look to see if anything is obviously wrong.

Post a copy of the new UTBMap.kext, so we can have a look to see if anything is obviously wrong.
Here it is. Thank you for your willing to help!

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.39.41.png

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 2
Back