Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I succesfully installed lion but after installation it stucks before account settings screen :banghead: I have tried -v / -x / GraphicsEnabler=No commands but non of them has worked.. Every time after boot up it stucks on white screen and cursor comes.. I can move cursor around the screen but thats all, dock never comes.

Any ideas ? Please help me :cry:

firatyetkin said:
I succesfully installed lion but after installation it stucks before account settings screen :banghead: I have tried -v / -x / GraphicsEnabler=No commands but non of them has worked.. Every time after boot up it stucks on white screen and cursor comes.. I can move cursor around the screen but thats all, dock never comes.

The best idea is to delete the file ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle from /System/Libraries/Extensions and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. This will give full resolution support but no acceleration.

bastarddog said:
firatyetkin said:

The best idea is to delete the file ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle from /System/Libraries/Extensions and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. This will give full resolution support but no acceleration.

How can i able to delete without reaching desktop? Could you please inform me ?

ehmm...does 6970 and 6950 work on Snow Leopard? Not interested to Lion now :)

well, either you can use windows and MacDrive (I think they have a 10 day trial), or you can:

-Try get basic VGA support by entering -x as a switch when you boot

firatyetkin said:
bastarddog said:
firatyetkin said:

How can i able to delete without reaching desktop? Could you please inform me ?

Boot into your Lion Installer DVD/USB/Partition and from the top menu go to Utilities -> Terminal. From there, navigate to where the extensions are located (as mentioned above) and rename/delete the file. Off the top of my head I think to get to it right off that bat would be like: cd /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions (where "Hackintosh" is the name of your partition where Lion is installed to). To rename the file would be like: mv ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle newfilename.bk (where the bk extension can be something other than the .bundle extension).

Rickyz said:

6970 = limited, not accelerated. 6950 = no. Same on Lion.

IMO 6870 is best hackintosh GPU at the moment, until Apple updates drivers.

akasurreal said:
Rickyz said:

6970 = limited, not accelerated. 6950 = no. Same on Lion.

IMO 6870 is best hackintosh GPU at the moment, until Apple updates drivers.

Not entirely true. I have my 6950 working on both SL and Lion. However, I can only get a 4:3 screen resolution. So everything is a bit stretched, but I can deal with it. So, while the 6970 is better, the 6950 works.

I have read that the new MacBook Airs and Mac Minis have a new version of Lion (thats not available as an update). Does anyone know if there are some new drivers in those builds?

6950=limited as well, mine works just as well (or just as poorly) as a 6970 :) :( Full resolution but no QE/CI.

bastarddog said:
6950=limited as well, mine works just as well (or just as poorly) as a 6970 :) :( Full resolution but no QE/CI.

How did you manage to get full res with the 6950?
I can only get 4:3... so I'm currently running at 1600x1200x32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back