Contribute
Register

Ati 6950 and 6970 team !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is, next generation of AMD Cards is only a few months away from release and Apple still hasn't succeeded in fully supporting the current Generation yet :D

Well, Mac Pros expected soon, who knows. They might have 6870s, or they might have 6970s.

anyone got a display resolution beyond 1600x1200 working?
i boot with "Graphics Mode" -> "1920x1200x32" in my boot.plist and boot menu shows up in that resolution. but the OS is only in 1600x1200 with no option to change that.

Hey mates,
I've just read a news about the new Mac Pro,it says Pro will be announced soon.
Do you think is there a change that apple could use 6950 series in the Pro? :ugeek:
(I hope :mrgreen: )

:D Guys I got the Sapphire Radeon 6950HD 1gb working on 10.6.8 take a look at my screenshot below

Attachments

• novilin.tiff
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
nurbs999 said:
anyone got a display resolution beyond 1600x1200 working?
i boot with "Graphics Mode" -> "1920x1200x32" in my boot.plist and boot menu shows up in that resolution. but the OS is only in 1600x1200 with no option to change that.

Graphics Mode defines the resolution for the framebuffer (vesa mode) only eg. chameleon menu and the boot screen. The combination of graphic card and display is important. My GTX 470 did not work properly with my old Samsung but it works like a charm with my new HP displays. It has nothing to do with the graphic driver of your operating system!

Your problem is that the graphic card driver is not initialized correctly. Use kextstat to check if your driver is loaded. For more info read 'man kextstat'.

Hi Novilin,

How did you manage to get the 6950 working...I have the 2 GB version in 10.6.8 and no luck...

Please advise,

Thanks,

Marco

i can tell you but i have started getting kernel panics :banghead:

so instead of using my method wait for lion

Novilin,

So sorry to hear that....thanks for the quick response....I'm close to blowing my card up too, or at least putting a few rounds through it... :)

Marco

hey guys
would a sapphire 6950 2gb version card work properly with 10.6.8?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back