Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I pretty much couldnt boot without either nv_disable=1 or installing the web driver, so i boviously opted for the web driver. Somewhere in the process, my onboard audio cancelled, need a fix.

This just happened to me today after switching from a GTX 650 Ti (supported by default) to a GTX 750 Ti (supported by the nvidia web driver).

Same issue:
- nvda_drv=1 IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No (no sound)
- nvda_drv=1 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No (got sound)

basically the workaround (although terribly unexplainable for me), I had to re-enable the IGX in BIOS (graphics card embedded in the CPU), then enable IGPEnabler=Yes and the problem got fixed

If anyone can point out to me why that works. Obviously if anyone knows how to turn the sound back on without having to enable the HD4600 in my 4770S that would be awesome, because now with it enabled my CTU temps are around 5-10 deg higher.

now by Boot.plist says:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Thanks so much for the reply, but can you walk me through it and i really don't care to understand the issue, just terribly need a fix. Do i just enable both of those in the bios? After doing research my solution was also just to opt with enabling HD 4600 but i have no idea how! Anyways, please walk me though what you did if possible

Just as a follow up so you know my setup, i run two 750 Ti's as well (ignore my profile gpu). Whenever i boot with the web driver enabled, good graphics but no audio. I boot with the os x web driver and i get bad graphics with yes to audio. So your fix would work for me and i just have to boot with the os x driver?

ALSO ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE 650 WORKED WITH CORREXCT RESOLUTION AND AUDIO WITHOUT ISSUES??

Yes, the GTX 650 Ti worked on default os x drivers (from apple), with params: IPGEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No

Now about the workaround (which, again, i have no clue what's causing it, or how this is fixing it. My best guess is that it might have something to do with the HDMI audio, not that I'm using HDMI audio).

Starting from the point where you probably have nvda_drv=1 (this usually also implies GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=No).
- enter BIOS and re-enable your integrated graphics (I'm assuming they're disabled, since it's not used because you're using your dedicated graphics card(s))
- keep the first graphics device as PCIe 1
- keep your monitor(s) connected to the GTX 750Ti
- boot with IGPEnabler=Yes (assuming that you Boot.plist already contains nvda_drv=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, HDAEnabler=Yes)
- if you now have sound, then edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and change from IGPEnabler=No to IGPEnabler=Yes (the other params should already be there and working)

Alright, after some investigation, and reading this post No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

The problem seems to be caused by the missing Audio ID.
So now basically I've disabled the on board graphics, using IGPEnabler=No currently

And ran multibeast installing again my ALC 898 driver, and ticked Audio ID: 1 (under optional). This seems to have fixed the problem.

My Boot.plist looks like this now:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

The only thing that's changed from before it's the HDAEnabler=No (apart from IGPEnabler=No which I've turned off myself, because I've also disabled the on board graphics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back