Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
Gforce GTX 650 Ti
Hi everyone.

A month ago or so I could finally update to Sierra, though I had to do it using a MacBook Air and my SSD as an external drive (with the iMac14.1 configuration set by Clover Configurator on the Clover plist).

Everything went fine but the audio. I read a lot but nothing helped. I waited till the new Multibeast 9 was released and there I found the option to install the kext again. I have a Gigabyte Z-77UP4TH, so selected the ALC892 audio driver, which had always worked pretty fine before. But this time it didn't.

I tried again, all the possible ways (with SIP both enabled and disabled) but nothing seemed to work. And suddenly, after the umpteenth attempt, I got it and I had my audio working.

After that I suffered a disaster with my partition and lost it, but was eventually able to bring the data back. I restored a backup image with El Capitan and followed the same procedure to update to Sierra.

But now I'm unable to get the audio work, even with Multibeast saying "Successful installation". The symptoms: "NO OUTPUT AUDIO DEVICES FOUND" in the Preferences Panel.

I'm currently writing from a different drive with El Capitan fully working (audio included).

Please, I beg you for help to restore my Hack's audio!! Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone.

A month ago or so I could finally update to Sierra, though I had to do it using a MacBook Air and my SSD as an external drive (with the iMac14.1 configuration set by Clover Configurator on the Clover plist).

Everything went fine but the audio. I read a lot but nothing helped. I waited till the new Multibeast 9 was released and there I found the option to install the kext again. I have a Gigabyte Z-77UP4TH, so selected the ALC892 audio driver, which had always worked pretty fine before. But this time it didn't.

I tried again, all the possible ways (with SIP both enabled and disabled) but nothing seemed to work. And suddenly, after the umpteenth attempt, I got it and I had my audio working.

After that I suffered a disaster with my partition and lost it, but was eventually able to bring the data back. I restored a backup image with El Capitan and followed the same procedure to update to Sierra.

But now I'm unable to get the audio work, even with Multibeast saying "Successful installation". The symptoms: "NO OUTPUT AUDIO DEVICES FOUND" in the Preferences Panel.

I'm currently writing from a different drive with El Capitan fully working (audio included).

Please, I beg you for help to restore my Hack's audio!! Thank you in advance!
I have a Gigabyte Z-77UP4TH, so selected the ALC892 audio driver, which had always worked pretty fine before.
If you check the link below: you will find these steps that has fixed my Audio Problem identical to what you described in a system running GA-Z77X-UP4.TH

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/
  1. Download/View Raw/audio_cloverALC-120
  2. Mount EFI/EFI Mounter v3 | tonymacx86.com
  3. Double Click Downloads/audio_. . .ALC-120.command
  4. Enter Password
  5. Answer questions (y/n)
  6. Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
  7. Restart

Thank you for your quick response!, I'll give it a try and tell you how it's gone afterwards.

Cheers!

Hi @cmn699.

I could finally solve the issue. I followed this tutorial, which enables one to set up the audio in such way that it is not affected when updating, as the kext is injectable from the EFI partition. I followed it to the letter and had no problems. Here is the link:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/

Hope you find it useful too.

Then I updated my system following this instructions: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

Now I have my Mac OS Sierra fully operative.

Thank you for everything. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back