Contribute
Register

Best bluetooth option for my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the GA-Z170N-Wifi motherboard, but i removed the wifi-bluetooth combo card which was included on the board since
it doesn't work anyway.

i was wondering whats the best option would be for using apple magic keyboard and mouse?
a small bluetooth dongle or a wifi-bluetooth combo card?
and which one would you recommend ?

Either will work. I don' think there's any advantage with either other than maybe range.

I have the GA-Z170N-Wifi motherboard, but i removed the wifi-bluetooth combo card which was included on the board since
it doesn't work anyway.

i was wondering whats the best option would be for using apple magic keyboard and mouse?
and which one would you recommend ?
I would go with a half mPCIe card since you have the slot for it. Leaves the USB port open if you hppen to need it later.

@daniel789 you mind reporting back with what you bought? I'm looking at the same board but really need to have a solid bluetooth setup :)

much appreciated if you have the time!

Thanks for the quick reply! A little off topic ...but does the built in intel GPU work if I buy the 6700? if not -what lower end/budget card would you recommend? I'm a software professional (not a gamer) and just need something that can push enough pixels to my 27" cinema display

Yes, the built-in GPU will work. But sleep may or may not work if you use it.

Aha, thank you very much ill try that one.
Just a question though, does it work like plug and play ? or do i need to configure some plists or anything

You need certain files. I worked through this guide #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back