Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've update with toleda's and tonymac86's latest tips. Any chance this thread could be made a sticky?

ammulder, this is a great guide that hopefully will direct members to a solution to their issues. Great work to you and those involved in updating/contributing to this.. :clap:

Ive got my friends X99 working in 10.11 with no issues. i ticked KernelHaswelE in Clover Configurator and 10.11 installed and booting with no issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 8.16.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 8.16.35 PM.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 370
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

• This isn't really the error, just something you commonly see last.
  • In at least one case it was caused by a bad Clover config on the system drive, and replacing the system EFI partition contents with the USB EFI partition contents fixed it

Pardon my ignorance, but how?:?:

Ive got my friends X99 working in 10.11 with no issues. i ticked KernelHaswelE in Clover Configurator and 10.11 installed and booting with no issues.

Can you post the config.plist that was used including the kexts and their location as well? Thanks!

I am still not able to get past "can't find kernel" when I use the unibeast installer. I have created the unibeast installer on my hackintosh as well as a real macintosh. I guess I shall wait.

This seems to indicate that you're not booting to the USB successfully. I would poke around your BIOS screens for boot options -- legacy vs UEFI, boot order, whether to boot to USB devices, etc. The suggestion to boot with a boot device list hotkey was to ensure you're booting to the USB. If you have two USB options listed there (one legacy and one UEFI), try both.

Can you post the config.plist that was used including the kexts and their location as well? Thanks!

@Redlinux give me a few and ill get them uploaded for you.

@RedLinux here are the files i used on my friends X99 not guaranteeing they will work for you but you can give them ago.

Attachments

• X99.zip
    454.6 KB · Views: 292
Ignored? No. I haven't had any issues myself, but I don't use a 5 series motherboard anymore on a regular basis. My P55M worked fine in tests, although I use a Apple keyboard with its own USB hubs. Issue is likely USB/ACPI related- there are unresolved USB issues in El Capitan.

Did you do an upgrade, or a new install? Currently struggling to figure out why my El Cap disk doesn't show up in Clover with my P55M-UD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back