Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

I seem to have success with perhaps an older Bios Version and such in my config.plist. Has anyone see positive results with that vs patching the kext?

I seem to have success with perhaps an older Bios Version and such in my config.plist. Has anyone see positive results with that vs patching the kext?
Please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

Hello guys/gals, hope all is well. I built a z170x-ud5 th with a geforce gtx 970 I have everything working but the graphic card. it boots in perfect, no black screen etc. in about this mac it shows up as
NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB. The only way it gets recognized is if i use inject nvidia in clover config but it will say gtx 970 0mb. Im using the 17.1 def and the nvda_drv=1 with the NVIDEA_WebDriver-346.03.15f02 plus the cuda (all boots well it just doesn't recognize card). Any help would be greatly appreciated I don't know what to do next and don't want to start experimenting on my own with code and mess up my system Thanks Guys!!
Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Any ideas?

My Asus X-99 Pro / NV GTX960 / Sierra 10.12 PB4 with all working. For graphics, start with nv_disable=1, patch/edit apple graphics control kext for your system def. (only for 6.1 - 15 or 17), install it and rebuild the cache and permissions. Install the last clover (now 3688 i think) with emuvariable64 and RC Scripts for the target volume and reboot. After, install the last nvidia web drivers and change the boot to nvda_drv=1. Reboot. For my system is working 100% from today in a 4K LG monitor (display port) with full resolutions and gpu acceleration. If all ok for you install cuda driver too. Good luck.

My Asus X-99 Pro / NV GTX960 / Sierra 10.12 PB4 with all working. For graphics, start with nv_disable=1, patch/edit apple graphics control kext for your system def. (only for 6.1 - 15 or 17), install it and rebuild the cache and permissions. Install the last clover (now 3688 i think) with emuvariable64 and RC Scripts for the target volume and reboot. After, install the last nvidia web drivers and change the boot to nvda_drv=1. Reboot. For my system is working 100% from today in a 4K LG monitor (display port) with full resolutions and gpu acceleration. If all ok for you install cuda driver too. Good luck.
AGDPFIX is still valid on mac os 10.12! GREAT

AGDPFIX is still valid on mac os 10.12! GREAT
For my system, my GTX 960 worked like a champ with 11.05, but no way to put it working with full acceleration after updated to 11.06. Maybe something rong with the web drivers, i dont no... and that was the reason why i installed 10.12 PB4 on the second SSD. And for my surprise, i have again my x99 system with all working great.

Last edited:
Awesome bud, thanks ill try it as well. I appreciate it!

For my system, my GTX 960 worked like a champ with 11.05, but no way to put it working after updated to 11.06. Maybe something rong with the web driver, i dont no... and thats why i install 10.12 PB4 on another ssd. And for my surprise, i have again my x99 system with all working great.
Hmmm something to think about, but not sure if my music studio gear/software like pro tools will be compatible.

Back