Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Screen Shot 15.jpg

This sounds almost too good to be true. Totally free, super fast, no ads, no uploading files to cloud storage.
Works with all of your devices. iPhone/Android macOS/Windows 10/11

Here's the most important piece of info about Blip:
Blip is designed with security in mind. It doesn’t use insecure web links. The things you share are sent directly to the person you choose, without being uploaded to a website somewhere.

Files you send are encrypted in transit, to protect from nosy neighbours.
Let me know if you try it or already have previous experience.

Works with almost any device or OS. Mac users need to be on at least Monterey 12.1.

Last edited:
Skip ahead in the video to about 3:40 to see the demo of using Blip to transfer large files.

Unlike many other services, Blip can send Final Cut Pro .fcpbundle files without needing to zip them first.

.fcpbundle files are technically folders, and Blip fully preserves folder structures and any links within.

And of course, Blip works regardless of the tool you use, be it Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or something else entirely.

Last edited:
This is my first time hearing of Blip, but I've used send-anywhere.com before. Seems very similar.

I’m using LocalSend which sounds very similar, everything is over a local network and very intuitive to use.

I’m using LocalSend which sounds very similar, everything is over a local network and very intuitive to use.
Blip looks like the go to app for people working with Video and sharing files. As demonstrated in the video.

Good Stuff, amazing this is free.

It goes with android too, and windows. All in one for sharing!:clap:

Apparently only for MacOS 12.1 and later and Android at present. Windows and iOS "Early Access" only.

What I like most about Blip is that it looks and feels like a native macOS app. Drag and drop simplicity. Not sure if they used Swift or not but it appears that way. I mostly send larger video files and pics directly from my Android 12 phone to my hackintosh for video editing. Saves me so much time compared to what I used to have to do to transfer a file from Android to macOS.

Back