Contribute
Register

Bootable disk image for Z390 or Z790 Motherboards?

Motherboard
Asus Z390 > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 FE
Hi. I'm new to this Hackintosh stuff, and I was wondering if someone has a bootable DVD or USB image file of the latest Macintosh OS and if so what Z790 motherboard and is the best for compatibility? I would love to do the installation manually by myself, but due to work and family commitments I just don't have the time! PS I currently have an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-H, but I don't think it's compatible with Hackintosh, unless someone can tell me otherwise? Thanking you in advance?

Hi. I'm new to this Hackintosh stuff, and I was wondering if someone has a bootable DVD or USB image file of the latest Macintosh OS and if so what Z790 motherboard and is the best for compatibility? I would love to do the installation manually by myself, but due to work and family commitments I just don't have the time! PS I currently have an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-H, but I don't think it's compatible with Hackintosh, unless someone can tell me otherwise? Thanking you in advance?
you are going to have to learn some new skills for hackintoshing

check over the golden builds:

you are going to have to learn some new skills for hackintoshing

check over the golden builds:
Thanks for the link, but I was hoping to I could get some recommendations on a bootable ISO or boot discs also?

Thanks for the link, but I was hoping to I could get some recommendations on a bootable ISO or boot discs also?
there are no ISO's

you create an offline installer, boot from it and it uses the internet to download macOS from Apple servers to install on your machine

Hi and thanks for your reply. Sorry I meant to say does anyone have an image file with all the kext files already installed

Hi and thanks for your reply. Sorry I meant to say does anyone have an image file with all the kext files already installed
I am assuming by image that you mean an EFI already setup for your machine?
(please re read the rules)

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

also there is no support at all for your Nvidia 3080 either, you will need to replace it with a compatible AMD card

I am assuming by image that you mean an EFI already setup for your machine?
(please re read the rules)

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

also there is no support at all for your Nvidia 3080 either, you will need to replace it with a compatible AMD card
Yes sorry, yes I think the EFI is what i meant. PS are integrated Intel GPUs supported? Thanks!

Yes sorry, yes I think the EFI is what i meant. PS are integrated Intel GPUs supported? Thanks!
The integrated graphics in your 9900K is still supported on MacOS up to the latest MacOS Sonoma.

Does your motherboard have a graphics output port?

Good morning and thanks for reaching out! Yes the motherboard has both HDMI and DisplayPort outputs

Back