Motherboard
HP 82A5 P23 Ver. 02.48
CPU
i5-7500T
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there. I'm trying to create an OpenCore bootable USB for my actual hardware. Sadly I'm not a professional and stuck with progress.

So I would like to install Ventura and did several configs but no luck. AFAIK CFG Lock must be 0. Right? Otherwise the installer won't boot. If that's the case how can I bypass the lock? The machine is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM (mini). The UEFI has no relevant setting which can handle this. As I understand the quirks does nothing and that's why I get OCCPU: EIST CFG Lock 1 everytime. Sadly I don't find any CFG Lock string in my firmware file. Are there any other way to fix or bypass this setting?

Hey there. I'm trying to create an OpenCore bootable USB for my actual hardware. Sadly I'm not a professional and stuck with progress.

So I would like to install Ventura and did several configs but no luck. AFAIK CFG Lock must be 0. Right? Otherwise the installer won't boot. If that's the case how can I bypass the lock? The machine is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM (mini). The UEFI has no relevant setting which can handle this. As I understand the quirks does nothing and that's why I get OCCPU: EIST CFG Lock 1 everytime. Sadly I don't find any CFG Lock string in my firmware file. Are there any other way to fix or bypass this setting?
if the AppleXcpmCfgLock quirk doesn't work

then this may help:

if the AppleXcpmCfgLock quirk doesn't work

then this may help:
Sadly the quirk not working. Or I guess that's why I see the CFG Lock 1 in the log.

And as I understand Dortania's guide useless in my case. AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext is for legacy OS right? And the offset patch based on firmware is cannot be applied because there is no CFG Lock string in my machine's firmware. The third solution is Lenovo only(?). Or I missed out something?

I figured out what was the real issue. Looks like active CFG Lock is not a problem on HP ProDesk/EliteDesk 400/600/800 G3 DM machines. These are Intel machines. The issue is RTC related however Dortania's guide does not mention that Kaby Lake based machines need RTC/AWAC SSDT. But meanwhile I found a config for 800 by @Sberla who pointed out this major requirement. Kudos for him. The config is old and pretty outdated but good for a fresh start. Glad I found that.​

Back