Register

Camera issues iMac13,2 in Ventura 13.5.1 - crashes MS Teams

Motherboard
iMac13,2
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 680MX
For the past years I've kept my iMac13,2 alive running the latest MacOS, now Ventura 13.5.1, with OpenCore Legacy Patcher, currently version 0.6.8. Kudo's to all developers working on OCLP as so far, my iMac13,2 (Core i7 3770 3.4Ghz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX) has been running smooth.

Unfortunately lately I run into camera issues, I believe it is since Ventura's introduction of the Virtual Camera.
Most use of the camera is in Microsoft Teams. I've removed Office entirely and reinstalled, removed Teams and reinstalled, and I delete the MS Teams cache almost on a daily basis. Teams runs but as soon as I turn my camera on, the system becomes instable. I see myself, but the other participants do not, they see only black. When switching between Virtual Camera and my iMac's camera, sometimes I do get it to work. But then, within minutes, Teams will crash.

I also can't get my iPhone camera (I have iPhone 13,3, the 12 Pro) to work, also leading to crashes.

The camera in my IMac13,2 is:

FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in):

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_34065
Unique ID: 0x1a11000005ac8511

Perhaps an updated driver for this webcam is needed in the post install patch? I use Teams on a daily basis, for me this could be a reason to revert back to Monterey. Before doing that, I am hoping a solution exists?

I had the same problem with Google Meet.
Facetime open camera.
Remaining do not open.
With iMac 2011 K2100M board.
I installed it to test with a 5100M Radeon and the problem stopped.
Camera function is related to hardware acceleration.
Back K2100M, format opencore again.
Chrome with Google Meet works.
Rest doesn't work.
The strange thing is that if I leave Google Meet open in Chrome camera turned on and open Safari Google Meet the camera works.
Safari alone does not open camera
Zoom does not open.
Don't test others.

Last edited:
They are customer machines.
They don't want to use Windows.
I upgraded the GPU, CPU, RAM and OS X.
Then I realized this.
It hasn't been supported by Nvidia for a long time.
However opencore always helping with patches.
Now I realize that I can only use Radeon.
Soon not even Radeon will be able to use it.

They are customer machines.
They don't want to use Windows.
Those are tough customers to keep happy. They want MS Teams to work perfectly but don't want Windows ? I would find new customers with more realistic expectations.

With MXM Radeon cards or iMac with Radeon GPU it works normally.
It's a hardware acceleration issue.
Only Ventura

Back