Contribute
Register

Can you fit an extended atx board in a 2010 Mac Pro case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full atx motherboard and a stock look is possible with a precise amount off modding.

But you will have sat backs, that you’re going to have to take a few steps back for every step forward especially if it’s you’re first build.

You can check my build log to see what I mean.to go for a stock look with a full atx board
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mac-pro-1-1-hackintosh-z390-designare-build-2021.311051/

I’m not done yet but it’s almost done.

There are a lot of ways to mod and build the case and it’s you’re choice wich you prefer and are willing to undertake.

I undertook the way of doing it al by myself with out buying pre made parts or kit from Laser Hive. But did looked them up. But decided it wasn’t the way for me, because I wanted it to look as stock as possible with a few updated case details.

So it was cutting and trying to think ahead and lots of test fitting and offcourse a lot of epoxy tot get it done

Currently also modding as a extra another case to put al My external HD’s if have in. And did this to it so far, had some spare aluminum for the pc build left over.

Deleted the front I/O off the case
73CAEF75-EA8D-4009-8E60-816DC07ABB67.jpeg

The left over piece of aluminum
9AC91504-F8C1-4AA9-ABAB-EA71818CD5F4.jpeg

Prep for the epoxy glue that is going to be done in steps to have it straight with the case, and thinking of maybe if I can find a really damaged case to delete the cd doors and chance the back also that only two cables come out from te back and 6 fans to pull air in and out. To keep it cool for the external HD’s
AEFCF8E3-4808-40FC-8383-93F05A56281B.jpeg

I am curious what you will do with you’re build

Wish you all the best with you’re build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back