Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Cannot boot Catalina with iGPU (Intel HD 630)

Motherboard
Lenovo > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-7820HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630
I've been trying every way to enable acceleration for my Intel HD 630 for my Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop and no luck. Just gets stuck in verbose. However, by adding -igfxvesa works out fine but no acceleration. Any solutions?

Lenovo ThinkPad P71 Specs:
Intel Core i7-7820HQ
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Dual GPUs: Intel HD 630 & Nvidia Quadro P3000 (Disabled w/ -wegnoegpu boot arg)
Two 500 GB SSDs

Here's my config.plist attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
Try one or both of these revised config.plist's.

I have cleaned up the config, to remove any unnecessary entries - config.plisy

As well as cleaning up the config, I have change the Intel Framebuffer - config-v2.plist

See if either help with your issue.

You may need to look at creating an SSDT to disable the Nvidia dGPU in macOS. As it will continue to use resources, i.e. battery power, with the -wegnoegpu boot argument.

Attachments

• config-v2.plist.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 4
Try one or both of these revised config.plist's.

I have cleaned up the config, to remove any unnecessary entries - config.plisy

As well as cleaning up the config, I have change the Intel Framebuffer - config-v2.plist

See if either help with your issue.

You may need to look at creating an SSDT to disable the Nvidia dGPU in macOS. As it will continue to use resources, i.e. battery power, with the -wegnoegpu boot argument.

Tried the two config.plist files and one shows the same error and the other one with the framebuffer gave me a graphical error shown here in the picture. Both of the configs you sent me did not work.

I also disabled the Nvidia GPU using DeviceProperties.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Tried the two config.plist files and one shows the same error and the other one with the framebuffer gave me a graphical error shown here in the picture. Both of the configs you sent me did not work.

I also disabled the Nvidia GPU using DeviceProperties.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Try this config-v3.plist, it contains a revised IGPU framebuffer plus other framebuffer entries.

Attachments

• config-v3.plist.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 4
Try this config-v3.plist, it contains a revised IGPU framebuffer plus other framebuffer entries.
Still didn't work. Stuck near IOConsole verbose. I did try AAPL data <00001259> but gave me a black screen not sure if that could give yourself a clue. I also want to mention that my laptop has a 4k display and has a DMVT-preallocated to 512 MB. I can give you my updated config.plist see if you could still troubleshoot this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
Still didn't work. Stuck near IOConsole verbose. I did try AAPL data <00001259> but gave me a black screen not sure if that could give yourself a clue. I also want to mention that my laptop has a 4k display and has a DMVT-preallocated to 512 MB. I can give you my updated config.plist see if you could still troubleshoot this.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

also you are using the wrong platform ID

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

also you are using the wrong platform ID
Updated my hardware and I tried <00001B59> as my platform-id and it is still stuck at IOConsole part in verbose

Updated my hardware and I tried <00001B59> as my platform-id and it is still stuck at IOConsole part in verbose
missing your Find and Replace entry for your SSDT-XOSI.aml

how did you manage to get framebuffer-con1-alldata and framebuffer-con2-alldata ?

Lilu.kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

boot argument should be:
igfxonln=1

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice of SMBIOS

laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-installer-using-opencore.296375/post-2108796

also your USB setup is wrong, no need for 3 kexts for getting USB ports to work, also XhciPortLimit should be disabled after USB setup

missing your Find and Replace entry for your SSDT-XOSI.aml

how did you manage to get framebuffer-con1-alldata and framebuffer-con2-alldata ?

Lilu.kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

boot argument should be:
igfxonln=1

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice of SMBIOS

laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-installer-using-opencore.296375/post-2108796

also your USB setup is wrong, no need for 3 kexts for getting USB ports to work, also XhciPortLimit should be disabled after USB setup

I want to focus on GPU acceleration first though. I switched to the MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS and still having the same issue. Been stressed out with this.

Back