Contribute
Register

Can't boot from HDD/panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help, I'm new to this. I have been booting just fine up until I changed my system type to MacPro 5,1 why I did this, no idea. I have just been trying to fix my iMessage and FaceTime issues and have just installed a new wifi PCI card (PCE-AC56) in hopes that this will allow me to use the continuity feature so long as the wifi card used Broadcom. So now I can't boot after changing the system in a lover Configurator. Please help.

Boot using USB. Fix SMBIOS. Reboot normally.

PS after installing the card I could not turn the wifi on. So I have been looking for a fix for that as well.

What WiFi hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello!
I've also got some panic on El Capitan. While I used clover to boot from usb, there was everything ok without problems, but now when I installed clover to boot from hdd, there is some panic and don't know what's causing it when there were no differences between the usb and hdd clover as I remember. Do you know maybe what's causing it? I got this message:
IMAG0184_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And yes, just to mention, when I boot from safe mode, it's totally fine without panics. RehabMan, do you have maybe any idea?

Last edited:
Hello!
I've also got some panic on El Capitan. While I used clover to boot from usb, there was everything ok without problems, but now when I installed clover to boot from hdd, there is some panic and don't know what's causing it when there were no differences between the usb and hdd clover as I remember. Do you know maybe what's causing it? I got this message:
IMAG0184_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And yes, just to mention, when I boot from safe mode, it's totally fine without panics. RehabMan, do you have maybe any idea?

Make sure your EFI/Clover on HDD is the same as for USB.

It seemed to be fixed after I replaced all the files from usb to hdd, restarted 3 times and it was ok. Then I installed voodoohda to have sound and it appeared again...

Can that cause problem that I have patched hdef in dsdt and installed voodoohda instead of applehda? But now when I think about it, when I used usb to boot, I installed voodoohda and then wasn't any problem. I really don't have idea what's going on.

Last edited:
Can that cause problem that I have patched hdef in dsdt and installed voodoohda instead of applehda? But now when I think about it, when I used usb to boot, I installed voodoohda and then wasn't any problem. I really don't have idea what's going on.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here you are:
IMAG0208_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

IMAG0216_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And I just noticed whenever I boot in verbose mod, it boots up, but still as I can see there are some failure things. What do you think?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 110
Here you are:
IMAG0208_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

IMAG0216_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And I just noticed whenever I boot in verbose mod, it boots up, but still as I can see there are some failure things. What do you think?

No panic shown in your images. What do you mean by "some failure things"?

Your profile indicates Clover UEFI, but your drivers64UEFI configuration is wrong for UEFI. Are you certain you're booting UEFI?

No, in clover I set to be mbr, because I have bios, not uefi. In the installer I ticked install clover in the esp, install boot0af in mbr, clover efi 64bits data and rc scripts. Under failure I mean on the second picture it writes a few lines "is missing".

No, in clover I set to be mbr, because I have bios, not uefi. In the installer I ticked install clover in the esp, install boot0af in mbr, clover efi 64bits data and rc scripts. Under failure I mean on the second picture it writes a few lines "is missing".

Please fix your profile (as per guide, should read "Clover legacy", not "Clover").

The "fInterfaceSnapshots ... missing" logs are fairly typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back