CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't connect to my Alienware Alpha hackintosh with my macbook. When i enter the password, it says connecting and then it says not connected and I can not see the shared folders. Can anyone help me?

I assume they are both on the same network. I assume both function with their respective WiFi and connect to the internet without any issues.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both systems?

Can you see and connect to the MacBook from the Alienware system in Finder?

Can you connect to your Alienware system from an iPhone or iPad, i.e. Airdrop?

I assume they are both on the same network. I assume both function with their respective WiFi and connect to the internet without any issues.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both systems?

Can you see and connect to the MacBook from the Alienware system in Finder?

Can you connect to your Alienware system from an iPhone or iPad, i.e. Airdrop?
no im not signed in on the alienware and i see it in the finder but when i try to connect it just says not connected and i cant airdrop because the alienware does not have a broadcom wifi chip

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.31.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.31.44 AM.png
    22 KB · Views: 71
Do you plan to sign in on the Alienware device with your Apple ID? If yes, can you try it now. I assume you have made sure your Alienware device's serial number etc. is unique and have followed the information in this or a similar guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

You can always remove the Alienware laptop from your iCloud account later if you don't want to use the Apple server functionality on the Alienware device.

What WiFi card/chip does the Alienware use if not Broadcom? Manufacturer and model number?
What kexts, patches etc. have you used to enable the non-Broadcom WiFi card?

Other than connecting between the two laptops not working, can you connect to any shared network devices (printers or network attached storage) from both laptops? I assume both connect to the internet without any issues.

If you connect both systems to Ethernet (assuming your MacBook has an Ethernet port or you have a USB or TB to Ethernet adapter) what difference does that make, if any?

I am trying to see if it is a specific WiFi issue or a general network issue.

Do you plan to sign in on the Alienware device with your Apple ID? If yes, can you try it now. I assume you have made sure your Alienware device's serial number etc. is unique and have followed the information in this or a similar guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

You can always remove the Alienware laptop from your iCloud account later if you don't want to use the Apple server functionality on the Alienware device.

What WiFi card/chip does the Alienware use if not Broadcom? Manufacturer and model number?
What kexts, patches etc. have you used to enable the non-Broadcom WiFi card?

Other than connecting between the two laptops not working, can you connect to any shared network devices (printers or network attached storage) from both laptops? I assume both connect to the internet without any issues.

If you connect both systems to Ethernet (assuming your MacBook has an Ethernet port or you have a USB or TB to Ethernet adapter) what difference does that make, if any?

I am trying to see if it is a specific WiFi issue or a general network issue
when i tried to connect with the alienware signed in with my apple id it now just shows connecting and it is still not showing me anything even with both systems on ethernet and i can access other pc's with both computers and the the wifi card is an intel 3160 wifi card

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.09.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.09.30 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.08.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.08.22 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 76
OK, that says the issue is specific to these two laptops, probably specific to your Alienware system.
  1. Which version of macOS are you using on the Alienware system?
  2. Which kext(s) are you using with your Intel WiFi card?
  3. Where are they installed?

i could not find the drivers for the wifi card and im using macos high sierra

Well we now know why the two laptops won’t connect via WiFi, your Alienware WiFi lacks a working kext In macOS.

have you seen and tried installing the Intel kext, firmware and HeliPort app linked from this GitHub page - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm

It is reported to work with your Intel card, but I am not sure if it works in High Sierra.

Well we now know why the two laptops won’t connect via WiFi, your Alienware WiFi lacks a working kext In macOS.

have you seen and tried installing the Intel kext, firmware and HeliPort app linked from this GitHub page - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm

It is reported to work with your Intel card, but I am not sure if it works in High Sierra.
when i downloaded it from the github, there were no kexts in the zip i downloaded from github and when i went to their chat group they did not reply to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back