Graphics
n/a
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just updated Chimera to 2.0.1. But after I login, the systeem freezes. When it tries to recover my screen from the previous session. It shows the mouse cursor in the left corner and the system locks up with the old screen on a greyed background.

System freeze after login with Chimera 2.0.1 install

Unless you provide details on OS X version and hardware this will be closed.

Sorry...
Hardware : GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, 32Gb, GTX670 Nvidia, SSD Harddisk
Software Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Unibeast and Multibeast install at first. Update with Chimera 2.0.1

Off the top of my head the only non-default settings I use is XMP for RAM and set the multiplier to 48 to over clock to 4.8 GHz.

I don't use sleep as WOL doesn't work.

Try updating bios version to the latest beta one, too, on top of bios settings. I'm running 12a or something like that right now, because the motherboard did not see my ARECA raid controller in any other port than the 16x PCIE.

I did not change anything other than over-clocking the CPU to 4.3 via per core turbo boost multiplier, rather than overall multiplier. The rest of the settings are factory defaults. Maybe I changed something about thunderbolt ... but can't remember exactly what, I was trying to get it to work but gave up on it, no way to attach external storage, only displays and black magic UltraStudio type devices for video capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back