CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After selecting, and installing the UEFI bootloader in MultiBeast, and receiving a successful installation message, upon rebooting, the UEFI boot option does not appear. I have UEFI booted and installed from the USB. I have also UEFI booted other operating systems from the internal drive. I have been able to legacy Chimera, and Clover boot from internal drives. I don't know why this isn't working, and I'm wondering what to do.

System specs for this issue:
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics: Intel HD 4000

[SOLVED]: See post: 11

Last edited:
After selecting, and installing the UEFI bootloader in MultiBeast, and receiving a successful installation message, upon rebooting, the UEFI boot option does not appear. I have UEFI booted and installed from the USB. I have been able to legacy Chimera, and Clover boot from internal drives. I don't know why this isn't working, and I'm wondering what to do.

Dell Latitude E5430

I thought you were trying to install Yosemite - as you were in the other thread where I'm trying to help you?

For the problem above - if it is the same one - your post is "off topic" here.

This problem is often caused when you need "CSM Enabled" in your BIOS.

I thought you were trying to install Yosemite - as you were in the other thread where I'm trying to help you?

For the problem above - if it is the same one - your post is "off topic" here.

This problem is often caused when you need "CSM Enabled" in your BIOS.
I have been testing with a wide range of operating systems. I am trying to get UEFI booting from the internal drive working. The MultiBeast for Yosemite provides the Chimera legacy bootloader. The MultiBeast for El Capitan uses Clover, which provides either legacy, or UEFI, and in this case, I am using UEFI.

No, if you read the post, I said Clover legacy.

I don't have that option in my BIOS.

If it helps to any degree, I had noticed the OS installer bouncing back and forth between 12 and 13 minutes of the installation time, and in one instance, I couldn't mount the EFI on the desktop to install MultiBeast. In another instance, I had to mount the EFI partition by using sudo -s in Terminal with diskutil in order to install MultiBeast.

Regardless, it did say success, so I am still confused.

If it helps to any degree, I had noticed the OS installer bouncing back and forth between 12 and 13 minutes of the installation time, and in one instance, I couldn't mount the EFI on the desktop to install MultiBeast. In another instance, I had to mount the EFI partition by using sudo -s in Terminal with diskutil in order to install MultiBeast.

Regardless, it did say success, so I am still confused.

No-one can help when they don't know all the details, can they?

I gave solid advice on the other thread but it seems you do not wish to follow that. So, I'm sorry I can't help further.

After selecting, and installing the UEFI bootloader in MultiBeast, and receiving a successful installation message, upon rebooting, the UEFI boot option does not appear. I have UEFI booted and installed from the USB. I have also UEFI booted other operating systems from the internal drive. I have been able to legacy Chimera, and Clover boot from internal drives. I don't know why this isn't working, and I'm wondering what to do.

Dell Latitude E5430
multibeast and unibeast is for desktops

clover laptop guide is here:

If it helps to any degree, a UEFI boot option appears after installing the legacy Clover bootloader, even with the BIOS set to legacy only. (Prior the BIOS was set to UEFI)

I just tested with UEFI El Capitan. MultiBeast would not install naturally. I had to manually mount the EFI partition in Terminal, and then run MultiBeast. The UEFI bootloader did appear.

If it helps to any degree, a UEFI boot option appears after installing the legacy Clover bootloader, even with the BIOS set to legacy only. (Prior the BIOS was set to UEFI)

I just tested with UEFI El Capitan. MultiBeast would not install naturally. I had to manually mount the EFI partition in Terminal, and then run MultiBeast. The UEFI bootloader did appear.
why multibeast on a laptop system for?

and why three active threads?

why multibeast on a desktop system for?

and why three active threads?
I don't understand the first one

I am trying to see which operating systems work, and which don't. Also, which things work in some operating systems, versus why they don't in others. So far, my experience with Chimera has been much more cooperative than Clover.

I don't understand the first one

I am trying to see which operating systems work, and which don't. Also, which things work in some operating systems, versus why they don't in others. So far, my experience with Chimera has been much more cooperative than Clover.
as already mentioned, multbeast and unibeast is for desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back