Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Just confirming the my UAD PCIe Duo card works.

HI there, I am in the process of switching out my old Saffire Pro 24 dsp for a new sound interface.

I have settled on the RME Fireface UCX II. Has any one had any luck running this interface?

I am runnning Logic Pro x as my DAW.

Thanks for you help and replies.

HI there, I am in the process of switching out my old Saffire Pro 24 dsp for a new sound interface.

I have settled on the RME Fireface UCX II. Has any one had any luck running this interface?

I am runnning Logic Pro x as my DAW.

Thanks for you help and replies.

Just made literally the exact same transition. Working great on Big Sur under OpenCore.

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpeg
    IMG_3070.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
Antelope discrete 8 synergy core thunderbolt work but !!

This comes from the fact that it is necessary to generate a ROM address with Clover (Rt variables/config.plist (from SMBIOS)) so that the Antelope Launcher can connect to its server!!! Otherwise the card is well detected in Thunderbolt but it does not activate !!

PS: This must be valid for all Thunderbolt audio Antelopes that pass through the Launcher

@MacWintosh64

Hey could you expand on this? I have a Discrete 8 Synergy Core + Modded Thunderbolt Titan Ridge PCI-E Card. Discrete 8 shows up in the System IO Reg, but not in the Launcher.

Could you provide more details on how you got it working?

Thank you!

I’m using UA Volt 276 USB Interface. Experiencing Audio Dropouts

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
Catalina 10.15.7
32gb ram
RX-580 Graphics

Hi,
I use Logic Pro
44.1khz 24bit currently have buffer set at 1024. No issues if I bypass interface and use HDMI audio.

Should work fine. Even my really old FF880 with firewire still works, even in Monterey.
RME makes good stuff. Totalmix is great.
HI Zipb, thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delayed response. Had major issues with my set up and had to start from fresh with Snow Leopard. Am now back on Catalina and still have my Carbon Copy Drive working.

I think I will get the UCX II. Just have the wait for them to be available. Should be in around late December time.

HI Zipb, thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delayed response. Had major issues with my set up and had to start from fresh with Snow Leopard. Am now back on Catalina and still have my Carbon Copy Drive working.

I think I will get the UCX II. Just have the wait for them to be available. Should be in around late December time.
Note that FireWire is not supported anymore in Ventura: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/is-there-a-workaround-for-apple-pulling-firewire-support.323111/

Back