Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini Install Guide - GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason i had to reinstall my system now i seem to have run into problems . i used 10.6.3 to boot with all the options listed in this guide but no video.some where i read that i need a boot loader with ati support but can not find it please help.

hope someone can help me, i have the exact same hardware which is used in tonymacx86 customac mini, i got it to run from my original 10.6 (not 10.6.3!) install disc, but after installing the 10.6.8 combo update and multibeast as mentioned in the tutorial, i got stuck at the grey apple boot screen with the spinning wheel at the bottom... does anybody have an idea how to fix this problem?

I'm unable to get the 64-bit logo working. I've followed the directions, but no luck. Is there a way to check and see if I'm running in 64-bit, but just missing to logo?

I've used the version of multibeast used in this guide as well as the version 3.9.0.

I'd like to eventually install 10.7, but would like to get this fixed before I go any further.

Any help would be greatly apprecriated.

Hello, After update 10.6.8 my System stop at appleboot Logo. Wirblig update all Works perfekt. Can Anybody fix this Problem?
Gigabyte h55n mainboard
Intel i5 750
8gb Kingston RAM
Gainward 9800gtx

Thanks for help!

Martin

I have the same problem... stucks at the boot logo... i have the same mainboard ga h55n-usb3 with intel core i3 550 with integrated graphics... do you think i could have any problem for this??

U my friend need to read these nine pages and 14 under user builds to conclude that onboard video will not work/unsupported , so get a mackintosh friendly video card to get going.thx.

SamyVienna said:
hope someone can help me, i have the exact same hardware which is used in tonymacx86 customac mini, i got it to run from my original 10.6 (not 10.6.3!) install disc, but after installing the 10.6.8 combo update and multibeast as mentioned in the tutorial, i got stuck at the grey apple boot screen with the spinning wheel at the bottom... does anybody have an idea how to fix this problem?
Same boat!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

vancityex said:
U my friend need to read these nine pages and 14 under user builds to conclude that onboard video will not work/unsupported , so get a mackintosh friendly video card to get going.thx.
Ok... it's a pitty.... I just posted this question because on Lion it's possible to build a http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac custom mac mini using an integrated Intel Graphics.

Well i found something new... it's quite strange i followed another post to try to build the mac in the meanwhile.

This posts also is a installation method from 10.6 to 10.6.7... i also get stuck at boot time with another sound problem here is the post
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=254309

But some has fixed my installation... after get stuck at sound problems with 10.6.7 then i reinstalled but not fresh installation just installing on the main disk without erasing anything then with iboot i could boot... ****ing weird but it works. And also the sound too!!! digital ouput not the 1900x1080 just 1024...

What i want to do is know how to backup a partition where i have installed the mac to revert easy and fast??

Thanks!!

vancityex said:
Thanks for the heads up vancityex. Is this true even for the 2600k and 2700K with the HD300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back