Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5430 - Unable to Reach Installer Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Clover to work, somewhat.
By the time I got Clover working, it didn't prompt to boot into the installer. It just brought up the already installed Windows OS, and its partitions.
The other times, it's been a message saying "Invalid Partition Table".

Nevermind, I got it.
I had to manually copy the Clover files over to the EFI partition.
I kept them there, and did not delete the previous/other ones. This brought up the option to boot to the installer.

Unlike using UniBeast, nothing shows up on the screen. Using an external monitor through HDMI doesn't show anything either.

-v just hangs there with a bunch of + signs.

Last edited:
If it helps to any degree, using an HDMI to DVI converter/adapter still results in half of the screen being used, with weird issues going on.
zip and upload your EFI folder

I also changed monitors, and the same/a similar issue still occurs. It doesn't use the entire screen. The same weird issues still occur.

It doesn't look like it's connector/display specific if it's occurring for both monitors. So I guess that helps to some degree.

I also changed monitors, and the same/a similar issue still occurs. It doesn't use the entire screen. The same weird issues still occur.

It doesn't look like it's connector/display specific if it's occurring for both monitors. So I guess that helps to some degree.
without seeing any files then no idea

Managed to reach the main screen using UniBeast Chimera (Legacy) with laptop support. Right now, the mouse/trackpad does not work.

edit-
I also managed to reach it without laptop support.

Managed to install, and boot with the help of the UniBeast Chimera USB. I have black bars at the sides of the screen. WiFi does not work, despite it being detected out of the box with Ubuntu.

I will give MultiBeast a shot in a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back