GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I realize this is not the normal thing to do, but I need to be able to test some software on both 10.6.8 and 10.8.3 so I thought that getting my hackintosh to handle both would be a snap (using the nifty partition selector at boot). My MB is a Gigabyte GA-55M-USB3 and works great for either installation. The trouble that I am encountering is that after installing 10.6.8 on one partition, I boot from the USB thumb drive that I know works as I used it to install 10.8.3 first on a separate drive. Anyway after booting the USB drive with the 500G multi partitioned drive with 10.6.8 on it, the installer gets to the screen where it is asking for the language, but at this point it appears all USB ports have become disabled (i.e no keyboard or mouse).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok, I realize this is not the normal thing to do, but I need to be able to test some software on both 10.6.8 and 10.8.3 so I thought that getting my hackintosh to handle both would be a snap (using the nifty partition selector at boot). My MB is a Gigabyte GA-55M-USB3 and works great for either installation. The trouble that I am encountering is that after installing 10.6.8 on one partition, I boot from the USB thumb drive that I know works as I used it to install 10.8.3 first on a separate drive. Anyway after booting the USB drive with the 500G multi partitioned drive with 10.6.8 on it, the installer gets to the screen where it is asking for the language, but at this point it appears all USB ports have become disabled (i.e no keyboard or mouse).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try rebuilding your UniBeast USB drive and select the Legacy USB option.
Make sure the Legacy USB function under Integrated Peripherals in BIOS is enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back