Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Z50-70
CPU
Intel Core i7-4510U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Hello everyone !

I've been looking into the forum but haven't find a solution to my problem.
I'm running under High Sierra on my first 256gb SSD drive and I wanted to install Windows on my secondary internal drive ( 1TB ) so that I can dual boot and also use the secondary drive as my Time Machine and also usable storage for my mac OS.

As I can't use the disk utility to erase NTFS partition for windows, I have to use terminal commands but I'm not familiar with them and I'm not sure how many and what kind of partitions I must create like i.e : 200gb JHFS+ ( for Time Machine ) / 200gb NTFS ( Windows 10 ) / 600gb Exfat ( for both win and mac storage ).

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear...

Thank you all for you help !

Hello everyone !

I've been looking into the forum but haven't find a solution to my problem.
I'm running under High Sierra on my first 256gb SSD drive and I wanted to install Windows on my secondary internal drive ( 1TB ) so that I can dual boot and also use the secondary drive as my Time Machine and also usable storage for my mac OS.

As I can't use the disk utility to erase NTFS partition for windows, I have to use terminal commands but I'm not familiar with them and I'm not sure how many and what kind of partitions I must create like i.e : 200gb JHFS+ ( for Time Machine ) / 200gb NTFS ( Windows 10 ) / 600gb Exfat ( for both win and mac storage ).

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear...

Thank you all for you help !
erase the drive when you boot your windows installation?

Well the windows install app don't offer me the possibility to erase mac os format...
But it's ok now, I managed to do my partition using the command : diskutill erase disk2 ExFat "Nameofpartition" 200GB HSF+ "Nameofpartition" etc....

Sorry for bothering and thank you for you answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back