Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi RehabMan I downloaded your Codec Commander from your fork. It doesn't seem to have edits for ALC887 so I'm wondering if you could help me my audio stops working after sleep so is there anyway I can use your codec commander for ALC887? Or do you have any other ideas how to fix no sound after sleep it's either sleep or I just leave the machine on all the time. Thanks.

Hi RehabMan I downloaded your Codec Commander from your fork. It doesn't seem to have edits for ALC887 so I'm wondering if you could help me my audio stops working after sleep so is there anyway I can use your codec commander for ALC887? Or do you have any other ideas how to fix no sound after sleep it's either sleep or I just leave the machine on all the time. Thanks.

Which edits for ALC887 are you referring to?

From what I'm reading on your fork. It doesn't have support for ALC887 would there be any way of making it work so I can have audio from sleep?

From what I'm reading on your fork. It doesn't have support for ALC887 would there be any way of making it work so I can have audio from sleep?

All parameters in the Info.plist can be tweaked via ACPI. See the example SSDTs in the repo.

Tweaks like "Custom Commands" require knowledge of the Intel HDA spec and some experimentation with hda-verb.

So that means something like Clover Hotpatch? I'm currently patching via DSDT for my Audio ID Layout and using the ALC Clover injector kext but it's just sleep that causes a issue with audio.

So that means something like Clover Hotpatch? I'm currently patching via DSDT for my Audio ID Layout and using the ALC Clover injector kext but it's just sleep that causes a issue with audio.

No real patching going on with SSDTs to configure CodecCommander. It is just an add-on SSDT that injects the RMCF method at the right path. There are a couple of examples in the repo (for data that is already in the Info.plist).

There are shell scripts in the repo that can be useful for determining the nature of the problem. By dumping nodes in both working/not working situations, then comparing them, then reading the HDA spec, you can come up with ideas and test with hda-verb. If you find that fixing a node setup does the trick, you can then add it to "Custom Commands" via SSDT in order to fix the issue automatically after sleep/wake.

Okay thanks RehabMan I'll have a look on your repo and have a play. I'm not that experienced with using a SSDT for patching. Not sure where to start with this but I'll have to have a play and exsperiment I guess.

Okay thanks RehabMan I'll have a look on your repo and have a play. I'm not that experienced with using a SSDT for patching. Not sure where to start with this but I'll have to have a play and exsperiment I guess.

The SSDT part is really simple. It is just a representation of the data that would normally be placed in the Info.plist.

Coming up with the verbs and/or settings to fix the issue is where the real work is.

I'll see what I can do if I can't sort it I'll just either go with a USB sound card and disabled onboard audio.

Hi! At me I earned a sound of ALC 272 Lenovo Y550 with APPLEHDA.kext. How I can include the amplifier by means of Codec Commander? I establish RehabMan-CodecCommander-2016-0721(CodecCommander.kext) in Kext Wizard and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back