Contribute
Register

eelhead's G5 Mod [REDUX] New pics and sorted first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eelhead's G5 mod a work in progress

Yeah when I put in a DVD to play the DVD player crashes and Geekbench crashes when I try to use. It's a known issue with my card lol. I downloaded Andy's fix but I dont know how to go and change anything in the com.apple.plist stuff lol I am so lost with all of that. I will probably look it up on youtube.

Yeah I didn't understand the whole Multibeast crashing thing but it wcrashed after update as well but it had to of worked because after restart my machine works great! How do you find your Multibeast settings to see it all is well?

So you got yours going as well?

Thank you very much!!
Hopefully you will be able to pick up right were you left off :D

System is up and running! Will do some pics for this weekend and I still have some finishing up with the case and custom PSU. Right now I have my back up PSU sitting outside of the unit and running like that for the time being.

Well I got it all done!
It's running fine right now, just need to fine tune it which I might do later on today or Monday.
I had a wireless card that I got and will be putting together from this site HERE. I also will be putting in Bluetooth and a USB PCI card for more USB action in the rear ;)

All in all I am happy with the build, I will relocate the PSU cooling fan more to the front because I couldn't fit the Scythe CPU cooler and the PSU fan in same space lol. I will move it forward and it should be fine but until I will run it like this. I will do the fix before I overclock it.

Here is a pic of the PSU
IMG_4702.jpg

And with PSU all together,
IMG_4703.jpg

I cut open the top for the fan.
IMG_4818.jpg

Here it is inside the G5
IMG_4821.jpg

And the finished project (for now), I will move those rear fan wires lol they are driving me nuts.
IMG_4828.jpg

Well as soon as I got it together is as soon as I just took it apart lol.
I have some things I need to put in PCI slots and not enough openings. I am making one of those homemade airport cards i which go in the little white mini PCI slight right behind the rear fans so it doesn't fit lol. I cannot raise the mobo up more because I need the other two PCI opening that the graphics card is not using. So it looks like I will be cutting out the back and seeing if maybe a motherboard tray might be the answer I am needing for this solution...... sigh If I wasn't kinda enjoying this It would be driving me crazy :crazy:

bones123 said:
What monitor is that? 27" ACD? If so any problems getting the displayport working on the ati card?
It's a 24" Apple display and my 6870 works fine with both mini-displayports. I got it about a month ago from Apple as refurbished. Been working fine even with all of my failed attempts to get my GPU at 100% ie; info and sleep.

Nice I like it.. That would totally complete my hac pro gotta try and keep it under the radar with the wife though that's the hard part lol

lol I hear ya, I myself was on a strict budget but when I saw that on Apple I had to jump. I was sitting at the Doctors office in the waiting room and I saw that on my iPhone, it's hard as **** to buy things on the interwebs off of your iPhone lol. I just couldn't resist and bought it, it will compliment my 24" iMac :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back