Graphics
XFX AMD Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey so I have my Yosemite installation almost fully working, except ethernet is acting very weird.

If I Shutdown and the Startup the computer, ethernet doesn't work.

If i RESTART the computer from apple menu, ethernet works.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Also I am having some issues with SpeedStep I think.

Bump, still having this issue.

Still having the issue, would love some help since ive posted this and had 0 help from anyone.

I tried everything my mind can think of in its limited ability to understand all this.

Every kext/bootflag in chemeleon.

Fresh installation of Yosemite and used Clover bootloader instead of Chameleon. Faked ID's, injected device properties. Force loaded kexts.

No matter what I do, the ethernet nic just doesn't show up when I start up the computer. If i restart then everything is fine until next shutdown.

Still having the issue, would love some help since ive posted this and had 0 help from anyone.

I tried everything my mind can think of in its limited ability to understand all this.

Every kext/bootflag in chemeleon.

Fresh installation of Yosemite and used Clover bootloader instead of Chameleon. Faked ID's, injected device properties. Force loaded kexts.

No matter what I do, the ethernet nic just doesn't show up when I start up the computer. If i restart then everything is fine until next shutdown.

You should probably start by providing some details. You don't even mention what Ethernet hardware you have, nor which Ethernet kext you're using.

Ethernet is reading as Intel 82578dc Gigabit Network Connection under DPCIManager PCI List.

This is built in to mobo.

Used AppleIntelE1000e.kext along with many other versions that were recommended for that model. All have same behavior. Work on restart, not recognized on shutdown/startup.

I have tried this kext as well and it does support my card, but follows the same behavior. Works on restart, breaks on shutdown/startup, until next restart.

I have tried this kext as well and it does support my card, but follows the same behavior. Works on restart, breaks on shutdown/startup, until next restart.

Probably a BIOS problem.

I am on the original stock bios from my motherboard (i believe pre 2009) but never had any issues booting into windows 7 ultimate 64bit or my 10.6.8 installation for years.

Would updating the bios really affect Yosemite that much?

Updated to the newest bios version, still same effect on ethernet. Something is happening differently on a startup than a restart, and I am not sure what it is. Would console logs help to narrow this down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back