Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@cabuffalo
Did you get IOSkywalk version 1.1.0?

@cabuffalo
Did you get IOSkywalk version 1.1.0?

Would you happen to have the link to the latest versions for Sonoma for these files from the OP?

IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext

Would you happen to have the link to the latest versions for Sonoma for these files from the OP?
See the link posted by me on Page38.
The other two are within the latest OCLP release, if that is what your query is about.

See the link posted by me on Page38.
The other two are within the latest OCLP release, if that is what your query is about.

They need to be placed in EFI/OC/Kexts and OCLP patcher does not install them correct? I can access the folder in OCLP to grab them from there?

Nevermind I took it literal you meant from the Dortania Link not the OCLP patcher itself sorry.

Last edited:
@osxfr33k

macOS Sonoma 14.4 breaks OCLP patch

In the beta versions of macOS 14.4, Apple has modified parts of the Wi-Fi stack and OCLP root patch has stopped working so the Fenvi and Broadcom Wi-Fi are no longer operational.

To recover these Wi-Fi, 2 changes are required:
  • OLCP 1.4.2 >> Link
  • replace IOSkywalkFamily.kext, current version is 1.0.0 and you have to change to version 1.1.0, also available on the OLCP GitHub >> payloads >> Kexts >> Wifi >> Link
How to make the change?
  • replace IOSkywalkFamily.kext, revert OCLP root patch and reboot
  • apply root patch of OCLP 1.4.2 and reboot.
The other settings do not change.

Note: Keep in mind that this may have more changes in subsequent macOS versions. But at least for now, in the final 14.4, this OCLP tweak works.

Last edited:
@osxfr33k

macOS Sonoma 14.4 breaks OCLP patch

In the beta versions of macOS 14.4, Apple has modified parts of the Wi-Fi stack and OCLP root patch has stopped working so the Fenvi and Broadcom Wi-Fi are no longer operational.

To recover these Wi-Fi, 2 changes are required:
  • OLCP 1.4.2 >> Link
  • replace IOSkywalkFamily.kext, current version is 1.0.0 and you have to change to version 1.1.0, also available on the OLCP GitHub >> payloads >> Kexts >> Wifi >> Link
How to make the change?
  • replace IOSkywalkFamily.kext, revert OCLP root patch and reboot
  • apply root patch of OCLP 1.4.2 and reboot.
The other settings do not change.

Note: Keep in mind that this may have more changes in subsequent macOS versions. But at least for now, in the final 14.4, this OCLP tweak works.

Greatly appreciated for now I will be installing Sonoma 14.3.1 and stick with that for a while until 14.4 becomes OCLP friendly again. I have everything modified and along with Sonoma 14.3.1 Downloaded. Now the question is since WIFi will be off initially before OCLP root patching isn’t advisable to download KDK package 14.3.1 and install it before I run the OCLP root patching since the patcher won’t have internet access to KDK?

@osxfr33k
Thinking only about the wifi, if you have OCLP downloaded before the update there is no problem enabling wifi after the update.
If you need KDK for any other patch, I guess that OCLP applies first the wifi and the rest after reboot.

Greatly appreciated for now I will be installing Sonoma 14.3.1 and stick with that for a while until 14.4 becomes OCLP friendly again. I have everything modified and along with Sonoma 14.3.1 Downloaded. Now the question is since WIFi will be off initially before OCLP root patching isn’t advisable to download KDK package 14.3.1 and install it before I run the OCLP root patching since the patcher won’t have internet access to KDK?
From my experience, if your system previously required KDK for the root-patch of your need, OCLP will prompt you to download KDK for Sonoma 14.4 once it detects that the system update is in progress that is soon after you hit the update in System Settings iirc. But, the Modern Wireless patch does not require KDK as we inject those required kexts via OC.

Does anyone know if the DW1830 Wifi card (BCM943602BAED chipset) needs the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and (and its plugin AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext) I tried it both ways, following this guide, but the first page of this post saying it's not needed.

Is it only not needed with Fenvi cards and Apple MacBook wifi cards with adapters?

Back