Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, im new to this and need a bit of advice..

Firstly any one using UAD2 cards or Powercores in their systems? How do they perform?

Also can what graphics card can you recommend - ive been looking at some of the suggested ones but do we really need those big ones for music apps? they look like they take a lot of space and i need to fit in the UAD2 card and powercore (plus im thinking of adding a 2nd UAD so space is important)

Thanks in advance guys and im sure Ill have a few more questions soon!

G

gfunk said:
Hey guys, im new to this and need a bit of advice..

Firstly any one using UAD2 cards or Powercores in their systems? How do they perform?

Also can what graphics card can you recommend - ive been looking at some of the suggested ones but do we really need those big ones for music apps? they look like they take a lot of space and i need to fit in the UAD2 card and powercore (plus im thinking of adding a 2nd UAD so space is important)

Thanks in advance guys and im sure Ill have a few more questions soon!

G

I would also like know the answer to this. I'm very close to shelling out for a UAD2 card. Though I see no reason it wouldn't work.

As for graphics cards, I had an Apple GT120 in my build. Worked great and single slot. Just swapped it out for a XFX HD5770 single slot yesterday, all I had to do was change the boot loader to ATI one in multi beast and both DVI outputs work simultaneously at 1920x1080. I have tried using 1 DVI and the mini display port (with apple mdp>DVI adapter) but only the DVI works in this configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back