Contribute
Register

First build, many questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm a motion designer (After Effects, Cinema4D, video editing...) and I need a work station. I'm a noob at this, trying to make the right choices, so I'm trying to stick to the CustoMac Pro recommandations.

My basket so far:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel Core i7-6700K (4.0GHz)
Corsair Hydro Series H60
Ballistix Sport LT white 64go (4 x 16 Go) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17

2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 Go
1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 6Gb/s 2 To
(+3 SATA cables I guess?)

Corsair RM650i 80PLUS Gold
Corsair Obsidian 450D Windowed

Questions:

1 - I'm buying and building this machine with a serious french shop called LDLC and they don't have the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB I want. They have the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Golden Edition : Do you think it is a big issue with the hackintosh? I'm scared it won't work properly since it's not on THE LIST ...

2 - Is the Corsair Obsidian 450D Windowed a safe choice? More important: is the Corsair RM650i 80PLUS Gold okay? Because, again, it's not on the list! It's just the "i" in "RMi" that makes me doubt.

3 - Is having two SSD the right way to have a dual Windows MacOS boot?

4 - Any major issue so far?

Thank you so much for your answers. I have spent my whole day trying to build the best machine I could, and I'm really not good at computers, so thanks for your time and patience :)

Hi everyone!

I'm a motion designer (After Effects, Cinema4D, video editing...) and I need a work station. I'm a noob at this, trying to make the right choices, so I'm trying to stick to the CustoMac Pro recommandations.

My basket so far:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel Core i7-6700K (4.0GHz)
Corsair Hydro Series H60
Ballistix Sport LT white 64go (4 x 16 Go) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17

2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 Go
1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 6Gb/s 2 To
(+3 SATA cables I guess?)

Corsair RM650i 80PLUS Gold
Corsair Obsidian 450D Windowed

Questions:

1 - I'm buying and building this machine with a serious french shop called LDLC and they don't have the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB I want. They have the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Golden Edition : Do you think it is a big issue with the hackintosh? I'm scared it won't work properly since it's not on THE LIST ...

2 - Is the Corsair Obsidian 450D Windowed a safe choice? More important: is the Corsair RM650i 80PLUS Gold okay? Because, again, it's not on the list! It's just the "i" in "RMi" that makes me doubt.

3 - Is having two SSD the right way to have a dual Windows MacOS boot?

4 - Any major issue so far?

Thank you so much for your answers. I have spent my whole day trying to build the best machine I could, and I'm really not good at computers, so thanks for your time and patience :)

The brand of the graphics card isn't that important - the MSI should work fine.

The case doesn't matter much at all, as long as your motherboard fits it and it has room for everything you want to put in it.

Corsair makes good power supplies at a reasonable price - they're what I generally always use. I believe that "i" in the "RM650i" means there is software available (for Windows, naturally) for monitoring the power supply, controlling fan speed, etc.

Separate SSDs is generally the preferred way to do dual-boot. See this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back