i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Salvaging components of a watercooled Corsair

Hey fellas, I'm looking to build a mac pro, and I need to know if I can salvage anything from this rig.

The reason I want to salvage components is because I invested like 4k into my watercooling system and just turns out as a UI/UX designer I need a mac. Anyway enough with the intro, here are my specs:

MSI Z77A-G41
Intel i7 3770k 3GHz
nVidia GTX 690
Kingston 8GB 1600MHz
Corsair HX1000 80+ Gold

For anyone that is interested in watercooling here are the rest of the components:

Laing DDC-Pump black nickel 12v
Phobya Balancer 150 black nickel
EK CoolStream RAD XT 360mm
x3 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 5400rpm
Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus (6 channel)
x4 Drive bay BITFENIX white
Phobya UC 1 Extreme
Phobya G-Changer 240mm, 6mm
Watercool HEATKILLER GPU-X³ LT
Masterkleer PVC 19/13mm, 3.3m
Grill Phobya Blende Single 140mm
x2 Compression Fittings Monsoon 19/13mm
x5 Fan Swiftech Helix
Alphacool Reservoir Clip-On 50mm

Would really appreciate if anyone with at least basic knowledge about this stuff can help me, as I know nothing of what I'm about to embark into.

Last edited:
Oh come on, no good samaritans around?
I remember last year the 3770k was compatible but since of this year they took it out.
I just want a confirmation here.

I just bought the 3770k, what am I to do, buy a haswell now?

If you want to keep your 3770K and try to install Mavericks on that hardware it is possible.
We don't do the research for you. If you put your hardware (mobo and cpu) into the
search box you can read about how to install OS X on what you've got. MSI boards have
never been in a Buyer's Guide because it is more involved to get them working. It can
be done if you want to do the extra work/research to make it happen.

If you want to select a Gigabyte Ivy bridge model see the 2013 buyer's guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/375-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-august-2013.html

You could pair the 3770K with any in the guide except for the X79-UP5. Good luck.

If you want to keep your 3770K and try to install Mavericks on that hardware it is possible.
We don't do the research for you. If you put your hardware (mobo and cpu) into the
search box you can read about how to install OS X on what you've got. MSI boards have
never been in a Buyer's Guide because it is more involved to get them working. It can
be done if you want to do the extra work/research to make it happen.

If you want to select a Gigabyte Ivy bridge model see the 2013 buyer's guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/375-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-august-2013.html

You could pair the 3770K with any in the guide except for the X79-UP5. Good luck.

Thanks man, was my first day, later on reading thru stuff, I found out that the search function works really well.

I ended up searching every component, and turns out that I will change the mobo.

Thanks for taking the time

Thanks, I will check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back