Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh Build for Audio/Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.
misfitbum said:
Yeah I haven't started on this build yet. But I will update when I do.

Protools having issues with the Z68 chipset is troubling. Does anyone have any info on this???

Should I change my build and go with an earlier chipset to be more compatible for audio recording software???

read this: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=238426&page=473

Maybe it is best to use a x58 mobo for Pt, it is the most reliable chipset for protools..
but I don't know if it is a different history for a Custom Mac and I can't find x58 builds here in Tonymacx86 blog....

please keep us posted, i can help you some more as i am almost in the same boat as you

Amoretam,

Thats an interesting link you provided. Is it referencing an issue with the Z68 chipset having issues with the ProTools HD Cards though? I will probably just do a normal protools 9 or 10 install and it looks like there are some members who have had successful studio rig hackintosh builds with the Z68 chipset motherboards. So maybe I'm okay? Not sure though...

Does anyone else have any input on this subject? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this, but I wanna be sure before dropping some cash on this project.

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

You could try Ardour if you want to keep the Z68.
It's not PT, but it's a real close open source alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back