Contribute
Register

GA-z170x-ud3, 980ti, dual monitors kind of work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H370N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
Intel UHD630
It's taken me almost all week to upgrade from 10.12.0 to 10.12.5 and have my graphics working properly!

I did a clean install of macos (also wiped my Windows 10 efi volume by accident...), made a new USB installer with 10.12.5 and got everything up and running finally.

I had issues with the black screen with a system definition of iMac 17,1 and with my board not supporting nvram. I applied all the fixes to the black screen to no avail. Then I realized Clover was installing the emu variable driver in the wrong location. I moved it manually over, but it still didn't work until I actually reinstalled it through Clover Configurator. Then it was just down to playing with my DP and/or HDMI inputs. DP alone still has a black screen (or unfixable 800x600 resolution if I enable InjectNvidia). My DP monitor is my main, but when I also have the other monitor hooked up via HDMI as secondary, it takes over after the DP one goes black. Then once I reach the desktop, the DP comes on and takes over again while my HDMI auto turns off. I just need to hit the power button and it comes back and I have two working monitors.

I can live with it, but has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any ideas of how to fix the DP monitor going black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back