Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've managed to get mountain lion installed but I am unable to boot into it from my ssd. Here are the steps I took:

1 disconnect all drives except 128 gb ssd for OSX and USB with ML on it
2 HDMI to tv and dvi port out of gtx 680 both work ok with the USB Moutain Lion flash drive installer. Both my TV and monitor were working during the install process.
3 used disk utility to create 1 GUID partition table of format Mac OS Extended (journaled) on my osx ssd
4 installed osx on ssd
5 computer restarted, boot from USB again and choose newly installed OSX partition, set up osx
6 log in is ok, ethernet and gtx 680 seem to be working. recognizes 16gb of ram as 1600 (it is 2133), 3570k, and the gtx680. Audio doesn't work though
7 after restart, i cannot boot from the ssd. it says to select a proper boot device. I can only get to OSX by booting from the USB stick.

Any ideas? I'm making a backup through time machine right now so I can begin testing with multibeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 9.16.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 9.16.28 PM.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 233
I've managed to get mountain lion installed but I am unable to boot into it from my ssd. Here are the steps I took:

1 disconnect all drives except 128 gb ssd for OSX and USB with ML on it
2 HDMI to tv and dvi port out of gtx 680 both work ok with the USB Moutain Lion flash drive installer. Both my TV and monitor were working during the install process.
3 used disk utility to create 1 GUID partition table of format Mac OS Extended (journaled) on my osx ssd
4 installed osx on ssd
5 computer restarted, boot from USB again and choose newly installed OSX partition, set up osx
6 log in is ok, ethernet and gtx 680 seem to be working. recognizes 16gb of ram as 1600 (it is 2133), 3570k, and the gtx680. Audio doesn't work though
7 after restart, i cannot boot from the ssd. it says to select a proper boot device. I can only get to OSX by booting from the USB stick.

Any ideas? I'm making a backup through time machine right now so I can begin testing with multibeast.

After installing, you need to run Multibeast before restarting your system.

I booted from USB again and installed multibeast with these settings:

UserDSDT (no .aml)
System Utilities -> Repair Permissions
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx
Customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
Customization -> Boot Options -> SSDT -> Core i5

Mountain Lion was able to boot properly from the SSD! But now, internet is no longer working anymore.

I booted from USB again and installed multibeast with these settings:

UserDSDT (no .aml)
System Utilities -> Repair Permissions
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx
Customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
Customization -> Boot Options -> SSDT -> Core i5

Mountain Lion was able to boot properly from the SSD! But now, internet is no longer working anymore.
Find the kext for your internet chip.

I went through each kext in the Network category, hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet was the only kext that worked for me. Thanks for the help.

Do you know if there is any info on getting audio to work through HDMI out or if there is info on getting 2133 RAM to be recognized as such?

I went through each kext in the Network category, hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet was the only kext that worked for me. Thanks for the help.

Do you know if there is any info on getting audio to work through HDMI out or if there is info on getting 2133 RAM to be recognized as such?

Rollback lion audio kext for your ALC898 chip and edit dsdt for hdmi audio.

Thanks for the link, although I should have been more specific. Are there any guides for getting HDMI audio to work with the GTX 680?

EDIT: Wow nevermind I found the HDMI forum I'll be doing some research now :)

recognizes 16gb of ram as 1600 (it is 2133)

i was thinking getting overclocked ram in the future
i want to confirm it actually runs at 2133mhz not 1600mhz
if it isnt too much trouble could you run two geekbench benchmarks, one with 1600mhz and one with 2133mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back