Galax B550M Ryzen 7 5700G RX6750 XT OpenCore

Motherboard
Galax B550M
CPU
Ryzen 7 5700G
Graphics
RX 6750 XT
Good afternoon!
This is my first post here, I hope I don't make any mistakes.
I'm currently trying to do a Hackintosh install on this configuration:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Galax B550M Motherboard
AMD RX 6750 XT

I'm using the NootRX kext, but when I boot into the installation media, I get these weird artifacts on my screen (see the screenshot attached), and I can move that small square with my USB mouse.
If I use Whatevergreen, it gets stuck after that AppleACPICPU phase. If I use NootRX, I can get past that phase, but I get these weird artifacts after the screen goes black and turns on again.
I'm also attaching my EFI folder in case it can help you help me.
I'd gladly install MacOS without GPU acceleration and then, after installing, enabling the kext, but I can't seem to be able to do that.

Thank you for the attention!

Attachments

• glitches.jpg
    glitches.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 63
I have looked at your EFI and would point out the following:

Finder view of your EFI
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 19.08.27.png

Finder view of my Asus B550M Ryzen 5 5600G RX 6700 XT, OC EFI.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 19.30.11.png

As you can see there are a number of differences between the two EFI's, but they basically drive similar systems.

You can ignore the difference for Ethernet kexts, as mine has a Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet and yours has an older 1GB Ethernet controller.

Same goes for the USBMap.kext that I am using, this is custom for my Asus motherboard. Until you create one for your Galax board you will need to rely on the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in the config.plist for your USB ports to work in macOS.

What I would recommend is this:
SSDT folder:
Boot in to Windows 10 or 11, download Corpnewt's SSDTTime folder.

Run the SSDTime.bat script and follow the steps for creating the same SSDT's as are present in my /EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

This guide will help.

Obviously you will need to use your system DSDT.aml to generate these SSDT's.

Drivers folder:
Add the same drivers as are present in my /EFI/OC/Drivers folder to yours.

The only one you don't really need is CrScreenshotDxe.efi. As this is used for taking screenshots in OpenCore.

OpenCanopy.efi is used for displaying the OC Graphical User Interface (GUI), which I much prefer over the Text Picker List boot screen.

ResetNvramEntry.efi is used when you boot to the OC boot screen and need to clear any old or redundant NVRAM entries from your system. This is something you should do whenever your EFI folder contents or config.plist is edited/changed.

Kexts folder:
Your kexts folder is OK bar one item, BlueToolFixup.kext. Why do you have this in your OC kexts folder, when you haven't said anything about using WiFi or Bluetooth. Adding this on its own may cause more issues than it is meant to solve.

Resources folder:
Yours is empty. So you have to use the text Picker List when you boot OpenCore. Adding a populated Resources folder along with the OpenCanopy.efi driver and changing a single entry in your config.plist will allow you to use the better GUI when booting your system.

The populated Resources folder can be obtained from Acidanthera's OcBinaryData Github repository linked below.

Your Tools Folder is fine.

Now for your config.plist.

This is not bad at all, except for the last item!
  • There are a lot of unused and unnecessary entries but that is normal, I have tidied up the config.plist attached.
  • You need to change Misc > Boot > PickerMode from 'Builtin' to 'External' so OC uses the GUI not the Picker List.
  • You need to enable XhciPortLimit quirk, so your USB ports work until you create a custom USBMap or USBPorts.kext for your system.
  • You need to remove two boot arguments - -radcodec radpg=15, as they aren't required when booting with NootRX.kext. They are boot arguments that work solely with WhateverGreen.kext.
  • You should never post a copy of your EFI folder or config.plist with the Serial Number present and readable on any forum. Because you have, you will need to generate a new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS for your system.
Revised EFI:
Your revised EFI looks like this.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 21.40.01.png
  1. The config has been cleaned up and had minor edits.
  2. A different SSDT-EC-USBX.aml has been added to your ACPI folder, one designed to work with AMD systems.
  3. OpenCanopy.efi has been added to the Drivers folder, for the OC GUI.
  4. Your Kexts folder has been cleaned up, with the NootedRX.kext replaced by one that I use successfully with my RX 6700 XT card in my Asus B550M system.
  5. A Populated Resources folder has been added to the OC folder, again for the OC GUI.
All you need to do to finish the OC setup off is generate a new SMBIOS for your system and copy and paste the new Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID in to the correct section of the config.plist.

You can generate a new SMBIOS using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script, which can be downloaded from the link below.

You do not need to make any other changes.

Let us know how you get on.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 65
Hello, sorry for the extremely late reply. I managed to get it working actually, the only thing left was to disable Above 4G Encoding on the BIOS settings. I'll take a look at the details you sent me, maybe they'll help me fix some minor issues I've been facing, like sleeping not working. Thank you so much for the detailed answer!

Creating a custom USBMap.kext or similar USB configuration for your system will help with the sleep issues. Not having or having an incorrectly configured USB configuration will commonly cause sleep/wake issues.

Back