Contribute
Register

Geforce 8600 GT 512Mb and 10.7.3. Bad relation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, I've installed Lion 10.7.3 through unibeast and everything has gone alright, at least until the point I tried to configure the graphics board.

I have an Asus Geforce 8600 GT 512Mb and the system detects a nvidia board with 3Mb ram, without QI/QE and with a fixed resolution of 1024x768. I tried using the "graphicsEnabler" tag in chameleon.Boot.plist, the EFI string (in the same place), with NVEnabler (32 & 64 version)... and nothing works.

I'm pretty desperate with this issue, so are there any idea about it? Thank you very much

stenopo said:
Well, I've installed Lion 10.7.3 through unibeast and everything has gone alright, at least until the point I tried to configure the graphics board.

I have an Asus Geforce 8600 GT 512Mb and the system detects a nvidia board with 3Mb ram, without QI/QE and with a fixed resolution of 1024x768. I tried using the "graphicsEnabler" tag in chameleon.Boot.plist, the EFI string (in the same place), with NVEnabler (32 & 64 version)... and nothing works.

I'm pretty desperate with this issue, so are there any idea about it? Thank you very much
I had the same problem in Snow Leopard I was able to get this card working with the NVEnabler .

Really? Because I already tried with NVEnabler and it didn't work. Did you erase or change something more? I'm begining to think that probably there are something that could interfere. I'll try again with your file? Thank you very much.

stenopo said:
Really? Because I already tried with NVEnabler and it didn't work. Did you erase or change something more? I'm begining to think that probably there are something that could interfere. I'll try again with your file? Thank you very much.
It took me a long time to find one that worked

Actually not, I don't really think the problem is related about if the board is or isn't a non-reference design. I'm just asking to the community to get the right answer to solve the issue.

Detail of all procedures I've done:
1. "GraphicsEnabler/true" (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) > Fail
2. EFI string (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) > Geforce 8600 GT 512Mb well detected but without QE/CI
3. NVEnabler > Fail
4. "GraphicsEnabler/true" (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) + NVHal50.kext (venID+devID added) > Fail
5. EFI string (org.chameleon.Boot.plist) + NVHal50.kext (venID+devID added) > Geforce 8600 GT 512Mb well detected but without QE/CI
6. NVEnabler + venID+devID added > Fail
7. Mod DSDT graphic injection* > Compilation error in If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02)): Object does not exist (OSFL)

ANY IDEA?

*http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.es/2010/01/advanced-dsdt-fixes-nvidia-graphics.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back