Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z690 Creator WIFI
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
I have been up and down these forums as well as other ones and YouTube for the last couple of weeks and I have not been able to solve my problems. A lot of good information, but none of it has worked for me. I am DESPERATE for a solution. I hope someone can really help me.

Here is my configuration:
- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4Ghz
- Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 2TB drive (OS is on a 200gb partition)
- MSI GeForce GT 240 graphics
- 16gb Kingston DDR3 1333MHz RAM (4GB X 4)
- 500w Power Supply
- Phantom NZXT tower

Successfully installed Snow Leopard 6.0, and using UpdateHelper I successfully updated to 10.6.8.

My problems are:
- System won't start without iBoot. Could the problem be my specific hard drive?
- OS X won't recognize more than 4gigs of RAM. (I have 16 installed. When I run Kext Utility I notice "maxmem=4096 in the Bootargs row)
- Audio doesn't work. I have tried all the suggestions in these forums that I could find. I have tried idd's method as well as various combinations of kexts. I only get audio through my Logitech headsets, but not through the line out or headphone jacks.)

PLEASE HELP! I don't want to give up on this and it seems others have solved these problems with a similar configuration. All your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Boot is a problem for chimera earlier the 1.4 as it wont boot from 2Tb hdd, the RAM issue is because leopar is running in native 32bit mode you can switch to x64 by adding a kernel flag arch=x86_64.

For the boot problems try to install the latest Chimera boot loader 1.7.

What version of MultiBeast did you use?

What is your MultiBeast configuration? Please post a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot. (Commmd+Shift+4. Then highlight the MultiBeast window, space bar, and mouse click. A picture of the MB window will appear on your desktop.)

xedios2002 said:
For the boot problems try to install the latest Chimera boot loader 1.7.

I thought the latest version of MultiBeast (3.10.1) automatically installs Chimera 1.7. Wouldn't that allow the use of 2TB drives if I have a less than 1TB boot partition? Or, would I physically need to put a smaller drive in there?

I will post a pic of my MultiBeast settings as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the help.

Hi everyone!

I have the same EXACT configurations and specs VMoradian and I am running in the EXACT same problems!

I copied the configurations for MultiBeast from this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

And all other steps I followed from this VERY helpful tutorial:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFMsbj2tro&list=FLzvqdi2jVQ_FmRJGzvJxuw&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/VIDEO]

(The YouTube tutorial used MultiBeast + iBoot + BridgeHelper)

I really need/want my Hackintosh running and I feel it is a waste if I could not get it running. Please help as soon as possible!

-zilm82o0

SO, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT...

The problem was the 2TB drive. Even though I had partitioned it to two 1TB sections, it still wouldn't boot without iBoot. YOU NEED TO PUT IN A 1TB OR LESS DRIVE FOR THE OS. THAT'S IT. That also solved the 4gig memory limitation problem.

For audio, idd's Audio Guide viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486 DID NOT work for me. Instead, I used Gordo's GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Golden Thread Guide
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306 for everything, including audio and networking.

Hope this helps others. And please spread the word about the 1TB limitation as much as possible so others won't end up wasting as much time as I did.

PEACE.

VMoradian said:
SO, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT...

Thats great! I wish I felt the same :problem:

I have a 1TB WD drive. And all other of my specs are the same as yours.
Despite that fact, I still have the same EXACT problem as you!
Anyone who is experienced on this forum, please HELP ME!

I cannot boot without iBoot! And I followed the used the exact configurations as this MultiBeast profile:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
Just like VMoradian, my AUDIO is not working!
I have the same problem with the RAM specs not showing, (I have 16 GB),
but I could care less about that.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you soooo much!
-zilm28o0

zilm82o0 said:
I have the same problem with the RAM specs not showing, (I have 16 GB), but I could care less about that.
-zilm28o0

The RAM issue will go away once you are able to boot directly from the hard drive. My guess is you need to try a different 1TB or less drive. I have heard that WD drives may cause a problem, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Mine is Seagate.

For audio, try using idd's guide as I mentioned earlier. But first, fix your hdd boot issue.

My guess is you need to try a different 1TB or less drive.

How is this 1TB Seagate SATA model? Also, are you sure this is my problem before I go buying this drive?

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-7200-12-Internal-ST31000524AS/dp/B004IZN3YI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325885086&sr=1-3

Also, VMoradian, you said you followed that golden thread and it worked for you, does that mean you have Lion installed on your Hackintosh? Or do you have Snow Leopard? If you do have Snow Leopard, please tell me how you used the golden thread because I want to have
10.6 as my OS.

Again, THANK YOU so much for helping me out!

-zilm82o0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back