Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H470M K

@chalkie1975,

Okay try this build. I've further streamlined it for you and it is based on one I am actually using right now tested on Sonoma but it uses OC 0.9.4 but with the latest Lilu/Whatevergreen builds.
OK I've used the EFI in that zip and things have progressed slightly.
I have a screen with install beta and shutdown command and when I select install I get a No Entry sign where the apple logo should be and a Web url for apple support and I can activate verbose boot so I can't see any messages but it returns me back to the install screen so something is bombing out

What do I need to get it to boot verbose automatically so I can read the errors?

How do I get extra options like ResetSystem which I had before?

OK I've used the EFI in that zip and things have progressed slightly.
I have a screen with install beta and shutdown command and when I select install I get a No Entry sign where the apple logo should be and a Web url for apple support and I can activate verbose boot so I can't see any messages but it returns me back to the install screen so something is bombing out

What do I need to get it to boot verbose automatically so I can read the errors?

How do I get extra options like ResetSystem which I had before?
you need to enable:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>LoadEarly</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>ResetNvramEntry.efi</string>
            </dict>
always reset nvram when making any bios and/or efi changes

also SSDT-UIAC.aml is pointless without USBInjectAll.kext, disable it and setup your usb ports after installation

and you want to remove:
-wegbeta -lilubetaall -alcbeta
boot arguments

Last edited:
Alright @chalkie1975,

I've made some adjustments to the EFi including those mentioned by Feartech. Give it a try.

Please note the EFI has been set for SMBIOS of iMac20,1 and due to the limitations of Sonoma, booting into it requires a SecureBootMode setting to iMac20,1. So if you have a SMBIOS of iMac Pro1,1 it won't work. If you don't have the serials for iMac20,1 then you will have to regenerate it. But the EFI should boot up. You will also need to run ResetSystem.efi first from the toolbar on first boot to clear remnants of the last boot up.

If you still have issues with the EFI due to Sonoma beta, you may need to add in value of 23.99.99 into the MaxKernel field under Kernel > Emulate.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    47.6 MB · Views: 36
Ok I’m still stuck at the same boot error and I’m unable to see option to change boot arguments or reset nvram etc
Attached is my boot screen and the verbose boot details

I’ve used the latest EFI you’ve sent and went in to make it 20,1 and add the UUID to it. Also edited Max Kernel details. No cigar

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 26
Could it be that the j185 file on the install disc is corrupt?

It won’t get past the dmg hash file...

In case it helps, i've attached my config.plist with auto generated UUIDs from selecting the 20,1 option in OpenCore Configurator

Attachments

• config.plist
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
ok I got considerably further today

The section on 4G Decoder and Resizable bar from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ryzen-5-2600-stuck-at-pci-configuration-begin.309793/ sorted My boot.

I used the EFI from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...prime-h470-plus-i5-10400-radeon-rx580.310280/ because my board is Comet Lake

I get as far as the Mac Install screen and it fails on saying the installer is corrupt or more likely the certificate in the install CD is out of date, yet resetting the bios date to 2020 doesn't allow me to install Catalina.

Alright @chalkie1975,

I have a few setups based on the Z490 so I can help you out here. I've had a look at your build and I've tweaked one of my EFI builds on Sonoma to your spec and build. It uses iMac20,2 and I've set it to go with the AMD RX580 DGPU & Intel IGPU enabled with your existing USB map & CPUFriend setup using OC 0.9.4.

The problem with your posted EFI is that aside from incorrect device properties for the Intel IGPU you were also missing a number of ACPI files and some kexts. On a Z490 it won't boot without some of the following: SSDT-AWAC, SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-RHUB, & SSDT-USBW to name a few. In addition your selection of Intelmausi for the Realtek LAN is not going to work - it requires a Realtek RTL8111 solution which I have added in addition to some other kexts.

USBToolbox is not enabled because the latest updates of OC no longer require USBToolbox.kext, just the USB map to work. Overall it should work, you just need to add your existing Platform System Serial, UUID, MLB & ROM serials and then save the config.plist before running. Give it a try.
Could you perhaps remiund me of the app that allows me to geenrate the Platform serial, UUID, MLB and ROM?

Back