CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently finished my customac build and installed evga 660gtx ti on ga-z77x-ud5h mobo. Everything is working great except one issue. Thanks to everyone here in the forums for helping get a great build put together. Now I am stuck with an issue that renders my air play mirroring to my apple tv 3rd gen non existent. After I installed everything that tonymac, beelzebozo, wildwillow, and many others helped me with, installed the latest multibeast 5.4.3 on mountain lion 10.8.4 and things are going well. I updated the evga 660gtx ti drivers from evga website and am using dvi on a single monitor. I went in to multibeast to see if there was something I could do about the air play situation and noticed that under the graphics drivers in multibeast it lists intel graphics patch and NVIDIA Fermi (openCL patch and >2GB openCL patch) It does not list my evga graphics at all. However it works because I am using my customac and the videos and speed are great. **Edit** My board and gpu are native according to tonymac builds.

***edit***
After a bit of discovery, I have found that the nvidia driver manager tick mark is set on the os x default driver(use the nvidia driver that comes with os x) and no matter what I do unlocking it and then checking the nvidia web driver then restart it always comes back to os x default driver. Is that what it needs to be on? I then also checked in the system information and it does show the nvidia chipset model. Mirror is turned off, but I don't know how to turn it on. In my Bios it is set up to PEG like thelostswede said to do.

***edit #2***
Thinking back to my multibeast work, I don't think I clicked any of the nvidia fermi patches. Was I supposed to? I didn't install my gtx660 ti until after I saw that the computer was going to work. I have run the updates from nvidia website for card and the cuda updates. However with the issue from above I am wondering if I am using the updated versions at all. My card is 3gb. Should I have run the >2gb openCL patch or will it screw things up? I followed the multibeast thread but it did not specifically say what to check mark for after build graphics.

***edit#3***
I am including a picture to see if I should check mark the >2gb OpenCL Patch and the 10.8.0+ patch? Will it do anything to what I have already going? Or should I check mark one of the others.
IMG_0579.JPG I have not clicked this yet because I have already added my 660ti...Should I go ahead and click that? According to another post here in the forum it states that the 660ti is ready out of the box. Probably why I have great video and graphics already. However, I am worried about the NVIDIA driver manager still showing os x default driver instead of nvidia web driver. Would that be the problem with the air play?

Really confused

• :banghead:

So about this air play issue, is there something that I have missed in reference to getting my graphics card to work with air play or do I need to toggle a switch? I did see on another post here in the forums that I need to go in and disable the HD4000 graphics which I assume is the mobo native graphics, Do I need to disable this in the bios? I went back in and made the changes in UEFI and have it set to PEG and things are still working. After checking out Toleda's posts I found how to do this "I Think" the problem is that when I go to UEFI and go to advanced bios and click on init display first I only see AUTO,IGFX,PEG,PCI it does say that I could select SG for Switchable Gfx but there is no way to select that. Any ideas with this?

I just want to be able to run my home made movies through iTunes to apple tv onto big screen tv(HD). Please lend me some ideas and suggestions in working through this.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back