XFX Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
any success if Yosemite?

My hack is in a coolermaster HAF mini itx case. It will have a 980ti as well as Intel Core i7-4790K and GIGABYTE GA-Z97N-WIFI One. Ill be using a samsung evo SSD and a separate 4 TB drive for DAW and NLE session files. I'll be running Pro Tools 12.x and Avid Media Composer 8.x as well as several additional programs that work within those 2. no gaming, internet only for downloading software and licenses. I also run very light Photoshop sessions and very heavy light room sessions, overall not really worried about anything not working. More worried about the newer GPU since it is well NEW ;)

I am using a 2012 mac mini to create my OS X set up files.

I'm curious if you had success with your proposed build, those components you listed being exactly what I just put into a new PC. Thanks for sharing your experience.

GPU works fine as long as u install the webdrivers. it probably wont detect as 980Ti until u install the correct 10.10.X version and webdriver that was released after ur GPU was released.

in 10.10.2 my titanX was detected as unknown nvidia display device with 12gb ram and then i update to 10.10.3 and it was detected as titanX. u might need to go 10.10.5

Thanks Dude05, that's encouraging. I'm awaiting the Z97N, presently have H97N which I'll be returning, so my experience with the whole process is limited to that. You say I'll need to install the correct 10.10.X version and webdriver that was released after my GPU was released, but could I ask you to clarify a few things in the steps?

• is the "correct" OS X driven by the GPU, and if so, how do identify which OS X to build into the USB installer?
  • is finding the webdriver appropriate to my GPU as straightforward as going Nvidia site and searching for it? What other resources might I turn to?
  • what happens during the install in terms of setting flags or not connecting particular hardware?

I've tried various things and read umteen tidbits, but as a Hackintosh noob it's confusing. I'm aware the hardware choices have to be supported, which is why I'm exchanging the mob, but have been thrown by basic principles. I read/followed the basic setup guide which points to downloading the latest OS X Release Version, my PC launches into Clover and the install proceeds 1/3 through and bails. I tried various flags and physically disconnecting various components, e.g. GPU, Windows boot and other Legacy drives, bail behavior persists. I then read from various SUCCESS posts from folks with similar (not identical) systems that they loaded OS X public beta, which makes me question if that wouldn't apply to my case.

Not to deluge you, but now that I've found somebody who has identical components to mine, it seems I can a) trust I'm not going off map from the foundation up, and b) get a grip on overall process. I'm every so thankful for your time, mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back