Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be an internal port (Non user connectable, you wouldn't be touching it while there is power to the system).

This is how HS07 and HS08 are connected inside the internal USB connector (You won't need to enable both if wires are only connected to one or the other.):
View attachment 208542
Just wanted to let you know that there is a known sleep problem with that cooler: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/corsair-hydro-h100i-v2.194193/ It's fine if you don't need sleep, but if you do, you could just disable the USB port (By choosing the "n" option for HS07/08, no need to follow the DSDT part of the second post in the link.) which would be the same as physically disconnecting the cable.

Ok great, thanks for that link. Looks like I'll have some work ahead of me for sleep.

Ok great, thanks for that link. Looks like I'll have some work ahead of me for sleep.
Actually just say no to HS07/HS08 and sleep should work.

Actually just say no to HS07/HS08 and sleep should work.
Does the cooler (pump and fans) still work? I would think so... The 2 fan cables are connected to the y-splitter going to the cooler, which has a single cable going to a fan header. I don't want to lose the USB functionality in Windows though. I'll probably try out the DSDT method to get everything working.

Does the cooler (pump and fans) still work? I would think so... The 2 fan cables are connected to the y-splitter going to the cooler, which has a single cable going to a fan header. I don't want to lose the USB functionality in Windows though. I'll probably try out the DSDT method to get everything working.
Take a look at the other post about pump/fans.

This part:
  • Hardware: The fans that are attached to my radiator are not connected to the H100i, but directly to a PWM controlled fan header on my motherboard, via a Y-Splitter cable. I am using a program called "Macs Fan Control" (http://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control) to spin up the fans when my CPU temperature hits 50 Celsius. Presumably you can also just leave the fan control to your BIOS as well if you think that's good enough...

• The fan cable connected to the H100i CPU block needs to be plugged into a fan header on your motherboard. Also, in your BIOS make sure that this fan header is set to run at "full speed" all the time, to ensure the pump gets the 12 Volts it needs to operate properly.

Ignore the rest of that post.

The USB functionality WILL work in Windows if you just answer NO for HS07/HS08, the script is ONLY for configuring which ports are available to OS X. All USB ports will be available in Windows.

So answering NO for HS07/HS08 (Which you said was the ports used for the H100i) will just disable these ports in OS X (i.e. OS X will not see the H100i, which is the exact same modification done to the DSDT in the other post).

The script is creating 2 SSDT table files which are used to modify parts of the DSDT (In this case which USB ports are available in OS X).

Ok I misunderstood and over-complicated it. I guess I wasn't sure if the cooler's USB was providing any power/management to the fans/cooler, and that by disabling it, I'd disable the cooler itself.

By disabling HS07/08, sleep will work and the fans will run as long as they are on their own fan header. Basically the only reason why I'd want these ports available in OSX is for pump monitoring/functionality in VM Windows. In which case, sleep would not work and I'd need to modify the DSDT to get everything working.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Ok I misunderstood and over-complicated it. I guess I wasn't sure if the cooler's USB was providing any power/management to the fans/cooler, and that by disabling it, I'd disable the cooler itself.

By disabling HS07/08, sleep will work and the fans will run as long as they are on their own fan header. Basically the only reason why I'd want these ports available in OSX is for pump monitoring/functionality in VM Windows. In which case, sleep would not work and I'd need to modify the DSDT to get everything working.

Thanks, much appreciated!
I don't have a H100i (or other water cooler), but what I would do is this:

Enable HS07/HS08 (according to the picture I posted above), and set it as an internal port. If sleep works, then great! Nothing more to do.

Else: same as above but set as external port. If it works yadda yadda...

Else: disable the port.

This would require you to run the script a maximum of 3 times, changing the configured ports is very easy, just replace the two generated files with a new set and reboot.

I don't have a H100i (or other water cooler), but what I would do is this:

Enable HS07/HS08 (according to the picture I posted above), and set it as an internal port. If sleep works, then great! Nothing more to do.

Else: same as above but set as external port. If it works yadda yadda...

Else: disable the port.

This would require you to run the script a maximum of 3 times, changing the configured ports is very easy, just replace the two generated files with a new set and reboot.
Sounds like a great idea to me! I'll report back once I get everything up and running.

Hi, I have the same motherboard, and after adding and deleting clover files in the EFI partition my keyboard and mouse would not answer anymore. I guess all USB is not responding. But I can't log in on El Capitan, since I don't have any keyboard ! I think it's a Clover issue because the mouse and keyboard work just fine when I boot the computer, enter clover settings, etc. But as soon as I launch MacOS and the apple appears, all USB stop working. Any solution please? :3 I'm desperate. Also, all changes I make in clover settings don't stick. as soon as I reboot, it's back how it used to be. Why?

Hi, I have the same motherboard, and after adding and deleting clover files in the EFI partition my keyboard and mouse would not answer anymore. I guess all USB is not responding. But I can't log in on El Capitan, since I don't have any keyboard ! I think it's a Clover issue because the mouse and keyboard work just fine when I boot the computer, enter clover settings, etc. But as soon as I launch MacOS and the apple appears, all USB stop working. Any solution please? :3 I'm desperate. Also, all changes I make in clover settings don't stick. as soon as I reboot, it's back how it used to be. Why?
What method have you used for USB?

Have you used this guide for your system?

Where are you changing Clover settings?
Only settings in config.plist are persistent. Changes in Clover (when booting up) are only used for that boot.

What method have you used for USB?

Have you used this guide for your system?

Where are you changing Clover settings?
Only settings in config.plist are persistent. Changes in Clover (when booting up) are only used for that boot.

I admit i partially used your method (bios and EFI partition instruction) in addition to the tonymac classic method (because a lot of things weren't working). It fixed most of my issues, except for the USB that went dead! How can I do anything now that I can't see my desktop..? I need to re-install clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back