Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit i partially used your method (bios and EFI partition instruction) in addition to the tonymac classic method (because a lot of things weren't working). It fixed most of my issues, except for the USB that went dead! How can I do anything now that I can't see my desktop..? I need to re-install clover?
Make a recovery USB: follow the clover part of the guide, but just install clover to a USB. Then use that to boot OS X.

I've now have El Cap installed and I'm working through the post-install process. I'm stuck at the CPU PM step. I was able to complete steps 1 and 2, but step 3 is giving me problems:
  1. Run the ssdtPRGen.sh script that was downloaded earlier (If your CPU is overclocked, add "-turbo xxxx" without the quotes. Ex: "-turbo 4400" for 4.4GHz)
After running in Terminal, this is what I am getting:

Andrews-Mac-Pro:~ dimethylman$ /Users/dimethylman/Desktop/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl

v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen

v19.2 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 4400 MHz!

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...

unzip: cannot find or open /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip, /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.zip or /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.ZIP.

rm: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip: No such file or directory

Fixing executing bit of extractACPITables ...

chmod: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

mkdir: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI: Permission denied

/Users/dimethylman/Desktop/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2599: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

Error: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/DSDT.aml not found!

Aborting ...

Done.
"

I went into ~/Library/ssdtPRGen and inside there is only the Data folder and Models.cfg is enclosed within.

I've now have El Cap installed and I'm working through the post-install process. I'm stuck at the CPU PM step. I was able to complete steps 1 and 2, but step 3 is giving me problems:
  1. Run the ssdtPRGen.sh script that was downloaded earlier (If your CPU is overclocked, add "-turbo xxxx" without the quotes. Ex: "-turbo 4400" for 4.4GHz)
After running in Terminal, this is what I am getting:

Andrews-Mac-Pro:~ dimethylman$ /Users/dimethylman/Desktop/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl

v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen

v19.2 Copyright (c) 2013-2016 by Pike R. Alpha

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 4400 MHz!

Notice: Downloading extractACPITables.zip ...

unzip: cannot find or open /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip, /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.zip or /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip.ZIP.

rm: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/extractACPITables.zip: No such file or directory

Fixing executing bit of extractACPITables ...

chmod: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

mkdir: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI: Permission denied

/Users/dimethylman/Desktop/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2599: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/Tools/extractACPITables: No such file or directory

Error: /Users/dimethylman/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/DSDT.aml not found!

Aborting ...

Done.
"

I went into ~/Library/ssdtPRGen and inside there is only the Data folder and Models.cfg is enclosed within.
First of all do you have a CPU that is overclocked to 4.4GHz?

try this:

sudo chown -R dimethylman:staff ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

Then:

sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

If that doesn't work then rename the downloaded folder and replace the one at ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

First of all do you have a CPU that is overclocked to 4.4GHz?

try this:

sudo chown -R dimethylman:staff ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

Then:

sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

If that doesn't work then rename the downloaded folder and replace the one at ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

Ok that worked! Thanks! And...

I don't have a H100i (or other water cooler), but what I would do is this:

Enable HS07/HS08 (according to the picture I posted above), and set it as an internal port. If sleep works, then great! Nothing more to do.

Else: same as above but set as external port. If it works yadda yadda...

Else: disable the port.

This would require you to run the script a maximum of 3 times, changing the configured ports is very easy, just replace the two generated files with a new set and reboot.

I enabled HS07/08 as non-external and sleep works. Awesome sauce.

Looks like everything is running smoothly. Just need to work on iMessage tomorrow.

Ok that worked! Thanks! And...

I enabled HS07/08 as non-external and sleep works. Awesome sauce.

Looks like everything is running smoothly. Just need to work on iMessage tomorrow.
Great! Apple uses 2 different drivers depending on the internal/external config, which is why it may be working :)

Did you see my other question about the overclocked CPU? (You should ONLY use -turbo 4400, if your CPU is overclocked to 4.4GHz while the stock speed is 3.5GHz turbo boosting to 3.9 GHz).

Great! Apple uses 2 different drivers depending on the internal/external config, which is why it may be working :)

Did you see my other question about the overclocked CPU? (You should ONLY use -turbo 4400, if your CPU is overclocked to 4.4GHz while the stock speed is 3.5GHz turbo boosting to 3.9 GHz).

Yeah I boosted it in the BIOS.:thumbup:

Yeah I boosted it in the BIOS.:thumbup:
Good ;-) iMessage shouldn't be too hard, just follow the guide linked in the first post, but remember to generate for MacPro6,1 !

Thanks, I just tested it on my system and it no longer boots if I insert or remove a USB device after shutting down.

I'm adding it to the guide now.

If anyone want the fix without having to download stuff again, this is what I'm adding:

Code:
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>

This should be placed inside ACPI/DSDT
I too have this problem, my system shutdown completely, fans stop spinning all good. But when i press any button on my keyboard or if i remove bluetooth dongle, system will startup. I have tried your fix, but it didn't worked. Can you help me pls. Much appreciated .

I too have this problem, my system shutdown completely, fans stop spinning all good. But when i press any button on my keyboard or if i remove bluetooth dongle, system will startup. I have tried your fix, but it didn't worked. Can you help me pls. Much appreciated .
Did you add it to the config.plist?

Post a copy of your EFI folder.

Last edited:

I've got the same issue after shutdown. Any mouse click or key press will boot the system back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back