Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the exact guide , but getting stuck at install . Every time i click install mac osx , it would show me the "Prohibited Sign" . I tried all usb 3.0 ports using usb 2.0 drives . Nothing works.

I followed the exact guide , but getting stuck at install . Every time i click install mac osx , it would show me the "Prohibited Sign" . I tried all usb 3.0 ports using usb 2.0 drives . Nothing works.

Does it show up immediately or after some loading?

Does it show up immediately or after some loading?

Thank you for your reply . It shows just after i click install. I tried using verbose mode and this is what it shows up - This version of mac osx is not supported on this platform [attached image].

Do note that i have also tried usb 2.0 header to usb 2.0 hub using usb 2.0 flash drive . So it doesnt seem to be a usb issue.

Attachments

• mac error.jpg
    mac error.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 76
  • usb header to mini usb.jpg
    usb header to mini usb.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 91
Alright. I found the culprit. I redownloaded the el capitan [latest version] and everything went ok. I have a question though . Will the samsung evo 950 pro m.2 drive work in this setup .

Is the guide on the first page of this thread still up-to-date? Should we be following it exactly for people doing a new install with this board or have a few things been made easier/different with the latest updates, MultiBeast, etc...?

Im very new to this but why doesnt the customac mini have a cpu cooler? or does it come with the processor?

If you look at the buyer's guide, it says cooler is included unless you get a K processor.

Is the guide on the first page of this thread still up-to-date? Should we be following it exactly for people doing a new install with this board or have a few things been made easier/different with the latest updates, MultiBeast, etc...?

Worked for me last week. Personally, I had to add a few lines to KextstoPatch. You can find them in previous pages if you have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back