Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently in like the past week my wifi will not connect automatically. If the computer goes to sleep I have to manually connect back to wifi. I tried rebooting and settings are fine. Any ideas?

atriaventrica said:
atriaventrica said:
Hey, so lion installed in a snap but I'm having wifi troubles. I thought I was fine since I had an atheros but its the AR5B195. It popped up with my wifi network but wouldn't connect and now it doesn't show at all. Is this card not supported? Is there a dsdt or a kext that can work? on
nvm got it via this viewtopic.php?f=259&t=35475&hilit=AR5B195

AWESOME All good man.
Take it back. It worked perfectly for a couple hours then randomly stopped showing networks again. Full system reinstall, update, and kext reinstall yield no results

What about the wifi button?
Press it ONCE and wait 5-10 seconds before retry.

blueking said:
You need to install grub to the partition you have linux on, and then use gptsync. Then install chimera.

This did not work to dual boot osx/linux is there another way?

nikstar said:
For some reason on the 4430s my wifi button controls the Screen Brightness Up button hahah. I got it though I just had to manually enter the wifi credentials.

I was able to get everything installed and working thanks so much for all your hard work and contributions!!! I did hit a few walls but there was so much covered here that I was able to resist my initial panic posting crazzzy questions. Any how I don't use bluetooth so i haven't even tried...WiFi is working; HDMI and VGA out working. Any how you guys are awesome thanks!!

Badd_Blood said:
Just recently in like the past week my wifi will not connect automatically. If the computer goes to sleep I have to manually connect back to wifi. I tried rebooting and settings are fine. Any ideas?

I used to have that kind of problem but rebooting didn't help. What I did to resolve was deleting all remembered Wi-Fi networks in System Preferences.

atriaventrica said:
nikstar said:
For some reason on the 4430s my wifi button controls the Screen Brightness Up button hahah. I got it though I just had to manually enter the wifi credentials.

This is actually "normal". It happens to all of us. The wifi button increase the brightness but also is doing its job. Switching the wifi on and off. :D

any info on getting the camera to work ?
I know the mic works in some cases..but is there a proper fix for it ?

devmasa said:
any info on getting the camera to work ?
I know the mic works in some cases..but is there a proper fix for it ?

devmasa, I have the same model ProBook as you, and my webcam doesn't work either. I don't know if it's specific to this certain model, but if there was a kext or something to get it working, I can only hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back