Contribute
Register

[Guide] Haier Y11C Big Sur using OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for elaborating.
I haven't still tried hackintosh on Y11c, but I tried it on HP Notebook 1000 PC. The benefit of Y11c is that you provided a good guide which I was not able to find for my other device. I was able to boot that only once but not again. One issue I get while installing is I was not able to install the older version of Catalina. I am newbie in hackintoshing, I want to make sure that first I get some more knowledge before I try again
Hmm, it's good to do research before doing the actual thing.

Try it and let me know if you encounter any issues, use verbose boot and share screenshot of error or kernel panic (if you get any).

*Edit : Just tested EFI from Post #1 with latest macOS v11.5.2, AppleBacklightSmoother isn't compatible anymore. By disabling AppleBacklightSmoother in config.plist, laptop reaches macOS recovery menu.

I'll update EFI with updated kexts and also cleanup config a little (hopefully today).

Last edited:
Updated everything I could, tested with v11.5.2 and everything seems fine on my end.

For now files are available in Post #1, I'll move it to GitHub for version control (possibly).
Feel free to report any issue you may encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back