Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I think that not. And what next not working is imessage and facetime :(
It’s early days for the Airport kext in Sonoma, we are lucky to have wireless working.

Bad install or upgrade possibly? Beyond that its really tough to know why that would be happening, Chrome tends to be more resource hungry so why that would work and not Safari is odd.
Hi, yes this was totally unexpected. I did try to to download the image again and made a new install stick, I also did a version with OCLP. No one works in the sense that Safari is still crashing and now also Preview. In general the Sonoma feels snappier than Ventura. One more peculiar thing was that after wake from sleep my password did not work..lol and I had to restart the whole computer. I reinstalled Ventura and big thanks goes to Carbon CopyCloner. I shall wait for a 14.1 version I guess.

I used the EFI from @Leesureone for my attempt to get my NUC7i7DNKE to Sonoma.
No issues with crashes on my end. The only problem i am facing is to get my DW1560 wifi working. OCLP recognizes the card and installs the root patches but I can not get wifi turned on.

No issues with crashes on my end. The only problem i am facing is to get my DW1560 wifi working. OCLP recognizes the card and installs the root patches but I can not get wifi turned on.
I think in Sonoma Broadcom based WIFI is no longer supported. They are working on a fix outside of using OpenCore Legacy Patcher which comes with other issues, the onboard intel card seems to work fine but you lose continuity features you may want.

Thanks for replay. Of course I could not wait for 14.1. I don't know for sure but I think it had do with the reinstall of documents and other things the installer offers at the end (it went wrong two times). So I discovered, first on my NUC8i3 that if I just do un update and skip the "clean install" everything worked for me too. I did the same on the NUC8i5 and no problems. Probably a clean install will work if I skip the step to automatically reinstall my documents and other settings. I may try that an other day, but for now all OK!

Thanks for replay. Of course I could not wait for 14.1. I don't know for sure but I think it had do with the reinstall of documents and other things the installer offers at the end (it went wrong two times). So I discovered, first on my NUC8i3 that if I just do un update and skip the "clean install" everything worked for me too. I did the same on the NUC8i5 and no problems. Probably a clean install will work if I skip the step to automatically reinstall my documents and other settings. I may try that an other day, but for now all OK!

I was able to fix the wifi using a DW1560 network card and the latest kext and OCLP 1.0
Airdrop, continuity etc are working fine. I will post my EFI later this week.

Edit: See attached my EFI. I have this working OCLP 1.0.1 and latest 14.1 Beta

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 22.34.05.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
created a usb install drive for sonoma. Put Leesureone's EFI on the EFI partition. Rebooted, erased macos drive and did a full install. Restored info from my time machine backup. So far so good. Bluetooth dongle detected and working again (I lost it under ventura when I upgraded OC). Wifi is working fine.

Last edited:
Hello iMessage or FaceTime still doesn't work, right ? :mrgreen:

Back