Contribute
Register

[Guide] [OpenCore] Dell Inspiron 17 5767 (i7-7500u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 17 5767
CPU
i7-7500u
Graphics
HD 620, R7 M445
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
inspiron-17-5767-hero-504x350.png

Hi all and welcome to my new guide on how to install macOS Catalina on our Dell laptop with OpenCore. Now I can say that we are near to make this hack a "daily driver" :headbang:.

Dell Inspiron 17 5767 specifications
  • Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7500u (7th gen) / 2.7 Ghz
  • RAM: 16 GB / DDR4 SDRAM
  • Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
  • Primary GPU: Intel HD 620
  • Secondary GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M445 / 4 GB / GDDR5 SDRAM
  • Audio codec: Realtek ALC3246 (ALC256)
  • Wireless - Bluetooth: Intel Dual Band AC3165
What is working
  • All things not listed in "What is not working"
What is not working
  • Secondary GPU --> disabled by SSDT patch to make boot possible
Installation guide
You can follow installation guide described on my GitHub repository. In that way it will be easy to keep up to date the installation files. For any questions or help just write here and I'll answer you as fast as I can.
Repository has been updated with Big Sur 11.2.3 support :thumbup:.

Thanks
  • @RehabMan for his amazing guides (without them I wouldn't have learned)
  • @opencore team for their new bootloader

Last edited:
Huge thank you! I followed your last guide when I installed MacOS on my laptop for the first time, and aside from a few audio driver issues (which were probably my fault) it worked perfectly, it was my daily driver for almost a year! I upgraded the wifi module to a MacOS compatible one which somehow broke my installation. I couldn't manage to get MacOS installed after that so I'm excited to try it again with your new guide. I will get to it asap and share my results. Again, thank you for sharing this with the community, we are grateful :clap: Also, I saw you used a kext to enable the Intel wifi. Will that interfere with my Broadcom 1820A? Or should I just switch back to the Intel one? (but I'm not sure that I still have it)

Huge thank you! I followed your last guide when I installed MacOS on my laptop for the first time, and aside from a few audio driver issues (which were probably my fault) it worked perfectly, it was my daily driver for almost a year! I upgraded the wifi module to a MacOS compatible one which somehow broke my installation. I couldn't manage to get MacOS installed after that so I'm excited to try it again with your new guide. I will get to it asap and share my results. Again, thank you for sharing this with the community, we are grateful :clap: Also, I saw you used a kext to enable the Intel wifi. Will that interfere with my Broadcom 1820A? Or should I just switch back to the Intel one? (but I'm not sure that I still have it)
If you already switched to a macos compatible card just use the correct broadcom driver and remove itlwm.kext. If you leave it in OC/Kexts it should not interfere with your card it will just not find any WiFi compatible card to enable but best remove it.

I've tired to automate the EFI's build process so if you find any issue please report thanks.

What version of acpidump did you use? I downloaded the latest one from your link but when I run that it doesn't create a file. If I run it with -o DSDT.aml to output it to a file and try to run iasl on that I get errors. Am I missing something?

When you run iasl to decompile it what kind of errors you get?
Try running iasl -dl DSDT.aml

Last edited:
I figured it out. I used path/to/acpidump.exe -b -n DSDT -z from dortania's guide and renamed that from .dat to .dsl, then path/to/iasl.exe DSDT.aml worked

But then I got errors on compilation. I diffed my dsl and the example and mine had a lot of extra code, all starting with If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX)) , that caused the errors. I deleted these and the compilation was successful. (Also, it had a bunch of random Zero values somewhere that needed to be deleted)
And I noticed yours had Name (DRWN, "Darwin") near the end of the file but not mentioned in the guide. You later used DRWN as a variable, so I guess it's neccessary (?). I don't have any experience with editing the DSDT manually, so sorry for all these noob questions. Could you please update the guide (at least the acpidump part) so beginners like me can figure it out more easily? (even though I'm relatively new to hackintosh, I'm a developer so I could navigate the code and work in the terminal easily but I think less experienced people would have a very bad time figuring this out on their own) Or I can make a PR when I'm done explaining the things I didn't find in your guide and do understand.

I figured it out. I used path/to/acpidump.exe -b -n DSDT -z from dortania's guide and renamed that from .dat to .dsl, then path/to/iasl.exe DSDT.aml worked
Oh my mistake I forgot to write that in the guide will add thank you.

But then I got errors on compilation. I diffed my dsl and the example and mine had a lot of extra code, all starting with If (CondRefOf (\_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX)) , that caused the errors. I deleted these and the compilation was successful. (Also, it had a bunch of random Zero values somewhere that needed to be deleted)
And I noticed yours had Name (DRWN, "Darwin") near the end of the file but not mentioned in the guide. You later used DRWN as a variable, so I guess it's neccessary (?). I don't have any experience with editing the DSDT manually, so sorry for all these noob questions. Could you please update the guide (at least the acpidump part) so beginners like me can figure it out more easily? (even though I'm relatively new to hackintosh, I'm a developer so I could navigate the code and work in the terminal easily but I think less experienced people would have a very bad time figuring this out on their own) Or I can make a PR when I'm done explaining the things I didn't find in your guide and do understand.
Of course will update the guide thank you very much for reporting these things. And yes DRWN is necessary to fix is check will add this (don't know why I have forgotten such things but thank you again for reporting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back